Costume Designers Guild Award for Excellence in Fantasy Film
The Costume Designers Guild Award for Excellent in Fantasy Film is one of the annual awards given by the Costume Designers Guild. Before 2005, the category was combined to also include period films. The 1998 inaugural awards year combined period, fantasy and contemporary films.
Winners and Nominees for FilmEdit
Movies marked with a dagger (†) won the Academy Award for Best Costume Design. Movies marked with a double dagger (‡) were Academy Award nominees.
|1998||Pleasantville||Judianna Makovsky ‡|
|Beloved||Colleen Atwood ‡|
|The Man in the Iron Mask||James Acheson|
|The Mask of Zorro||Graciela Mazón|
|The Truman Show||Marilyn Matthews|
Winners and Nominees for Period/Fantasy FilmEdit
|1999||Sleepy Hollow||Colleen Atwood ‡|
|Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me||Deena Appel|
|The Matrix||Kym Barrett|
|The Talented Mr. Ripley||Ann Roth, Gary Jones ‡|
Winners and Nominees for Fantasy FilmEdit
|2005||The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe||Isis Mussenden|
|Batman Begins||Lindy Hemming|
|Charlie and the Chocolate Factory||Gabriella Pescucci ‡|
|Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith||Trisha Biggar|
|2006||Pan's Labyrinth||Lala Huete|
|The Fountain||Renée April|
|V for Vendetta||Sammy Sheldon|
|X-Men: The Last Stand||Penny Rose|
|2007||The Golden Compass||Ruth Myers|
|Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix||Jany Temime|
|Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End||Penny Rose|
|2008||The Dark Knight||Lindy Hemming|
|The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian||Isis Mussenden|
|The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor||Sanja Milkovic Hays|
|2009||The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus||Monique Prudhomme ‡|
|Avatar||Mayes C. Rubeo, Deborah Lynn Scott|
|Star Trek||Michael Kaplan|
- King, Susan (January 8, 2014). "'Her,' 'Great Gatsby' nominated for Costume Designers Guild Awards". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Gettell, Oliver (January 7, 2015). "'Birdman,' 'Selma' among nominees for Costume Designers Guild Awards". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (January 7, 2016). "Costume Designers Guild Nominations: 'Star Wars', 'Cinderella', 'Carol' Make Cut". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Tapley, Kristopher (February 21, 2017). "'La La Land,' 'Doctor Strange,' 'The Crown' Win Costume Designers Guild Awards". Variety. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Nolfi, Joey (January 10, 2018). "I, Tonya, Get Out earn Costume Designers Guild nominations". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- "Honorees for the 21st CDGA Announced". Retrieved 9 January 2019.