Cosmosquare Station (コスモスクエア駅, Kosumosukuea-eki) is a metro station on the Osaka Metro Chūō Line and Nankō Port Town Line (New Tram) in Suminoe-ku, Osaka, Japan. This station serves as the starting terminus of both lines. This station, which services the Cosmosquare Complex, is the westernmost station of the Osaka subway system.
|Osaka Metro station|
|Location||1-30-21 Nankōkita, Suminoe, Osaka, Osaka|
|Operated by||Osaka Metro|
|Platforms||2 island platforms (1 on each level)|
|Tracks||4 (2 on each level)|
|Station code||C 10 P 09|
|Opened||18 December 1997|
- Chūō Line (Station Number: C10)
- Nankō Port Town Line (Station Number: P09)
- The station opened to rail traffic on December 18, 1997, on the Osaka Port Transport System Techno Port Line.
- On July 1, 2005, Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau took over management of the station; Osaka Metro would take over management of the station on April 1, 2018.
- A mini aquarium was installed on the subway platform at one time. Due to excessive maintenance costs and the relatively few users of the station, it was removed.
- A different train approach melody was used on the station, playing a sound similar to that of an ocean wave. On March 27, 2007, the melody was changed to the standard approach melody that is used on the metro.
|B1F||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket/ICOCA/PiTaPa machines, station agent|
|B2F||Platform 3||← Nankō Port Town Line toward Nakafuto and Suminoekōen (Trade Center-mae)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left/right|
|Platform 4||← Nankō Port Town Line toward for Nakafuto and Suminoekōen (Trade Center-mae)|
|B3F||Platform 1||→ Chūō Line toward Hommachi, Tanimachi Yonchome, Morinomiya, Nagata, Ikoma, and Gakken Nara-Tomigaoka (Osakako) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||← Chūō Line termination platform|