José Fernando Cosculluela Suárez (born October 15, 1980), also known artistically as Cosculluela, is a Puerto Rican singer and songwriter.
|Birth name||José Fernando Cosculluela Suárez|
|Also known as||El Príncipe|
October 15, 1980 |
Humacao, Puerto Rico
Early life and educationEdit
Cosculluela was born on October 15, 1980, to a Cuban father and a Puerto Rican mother. Cosculluela was raised in the exclusive gated community of Palmas del Mar in Humacao on the East Coast of Puerto Rico. He came from a very upper-class family. From a young age he became interested in tennis, eventually representing his high school Colegio San Antonio Abad tennis team in many tournaments. He also shared a passion for golf and surfing.
At 16 he began making underground mixtapes with his brother Jaime and a group of friends. After a couple of years recording underground, he was discovered in a studio in San Juan by Buddha, a well-known reggaeton producer. Cosculluela gained buzz in the year 2004 with his underground demo "Este Es Mi Momento" and frequent collaborations with Yomo. This caught the ear of well-known latin hip hop producer Echo whom signed Cosculluela to his label Invasion Music. Buddha discovered Cosculluela while working with Echo and chose him to be the replacement for legendary rapper Tempo in the hip hop group known as "Buddha's Family". Cosculluela gained international recognition on the hit single "Te Va Ir Mal" feat. Getto from the album Buddha's Family 2 distributed by Machete Music/Universal Latino Soon after, Cosculluela began working with famed producers Gocho and Alex Gargolas for multiple compilation albums and even released a reworked version of his classic mixtape "Este Es Mi Momento" in 2006.
After this, Cosculluela moved up in the ranks of Reggaeton, appearing on such CDs as Los Bandoleros: Reloaded, Invasion, Gargolas, Los Bravos, El Pentagono, El Pentagono Return, Los Brother, Talento de Barrio and many more. Cosculluela is known to many as "El Principe del Verso" because of his exceptional lyrical abilities as an mc.
Echo was unable to get Universal Latino to release an album from any of his artists and only saw his compilation album "Invasion vol. 1" get distributed. This caused Cosculluela to seek a release from Invasion in 2007 and sign a recording contract with the renowned executive producer Elias De Leon and his influential record label "White Lion". After many battles with record execs to get a release for his debut, originally meant to be distributed on Sony Latin, thanks to Cosculluela's friendship with Wisin y Yandel (whom had a partnership with Universal Latino for their record label WY Records and were very influential at the company due to their immense success and popularity) Machete Music, in the end, were pressured into releasing Cosculluela's hit debut album "El Principe" in 2009 after various delays.
In 2009, Cosculluela released his first album, El Príncipe. The album was announced a year earlier and it was named one of his nicknames: El principe (The prince). It peaked at number three on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart and spawned the hit singles "Na Na Nau", "Prrrum", and "Plaka Plaka". It also reached number eight on the Billboard Rap Albums chart. A few tracks were left out of the final production. El Principe was one of the most successful reggaeton albums of the year, gathering praise from critics for its diversity of style and lyrical content.
El Principe: Ghost EditionEdit
In 2010, Cosculluela released his second album called El Principe: Ghost Edition, this album was a review of his first album, but with 5 new tracks. These 5 tracks were Cuidau Au Au, Humo, Prrrum Remix Ft Nardo Ranks, Another Prrrum Remix but this time with Wisin & Yandel and the last track was De Noche y De Dia Ft Yandel.
See Cosculluela: El Niño.
This album comes with a lot of romantic, hip hop and reggaeton lyrics. Collaborations that have been announced so far are: Wisin & Yandel, Los Mafiaboyz. Two singles have been released so far, this are: "Blam Blam" and "Si Tú No Estás", which remix of this song will feature Puerto Rican artist Farruko, Colombian sensation "J-Balvin" and the duo Ñejo & Dalmata.
In 2014, Cosculluela releases his last album (non compilation) to be distributed by Universal Latino. Santa Cos is famous for the titular track which is a scathing diss track to legendary Puerto Rican rapper Tempo.
In 2014 Cosculluela left Universal Latino which produced a bidding war amongst latin labels to sign him thanks to his success and much publicized rap battle against Tempo. Warner Music Latina won the right to distribute Cosculluela's works through his Rottweilas Inc imprint and immediately began work on his latest album "Blanco Perla". Cosculluela released the hit single "Baby Boo" featuring renowned hitmakers Wise "The Gold Pen" and DJ Luian to prepare for his upcoming release.
Although he began 2015 with a domestic violence charge, he otherwise enjoyed major success in said year; he released the smash hit "Te Busco" with Nicky Jam, the first single from his album Blanco Perla. In October 2016, he released the album, which features major hits such as "Te Busco", "Manicomio", and "La Boda", the latter of which is about his wedding, which occurred in November 2015; it features singer O'Neill as well as an intro by rapper Kendo Kaponi. The album also features collaborations with artists such as Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, Farruko, Arcangel, De La Ghetto, and Tempo.
Thus far, Blanco Perla remains Cosculluela's most notable work in terms of popularity as the artist decided to leave behind his hardcore hip hop roots in favor of the modern mainstream reggaeton sound of artists such as J Balvin and Nicky Jam. Hit singles from the album such as "Te Busco" feat. Nicky Jam, Manicomio, "La Boda", and "A Donde Voy" feat. Daddy Yankee have garnered hundreds of millions of plays through various streaming platforms and become the most well-known songs of Cosculluela's catalog.  
- El Príncipe (2009)
- Ghost Edition (2010)
- El Niño (2011)
- War Kingz (2012)
- "Santa Cos" (2014)
- Blanco Perla (2016)
Cosculluela has collaborated with Daddy Yankee, Don Omar, Hector "El Father", Wisin & Yandel, Nicky Jam, Darkiel Omar, Mexicano, Arcángel, De La Ghetto, Kendo Kaponi, Zion & Lennox, J Alvarez, Farruko, Ivy Queen, Ñejo & Dalmata, Pacho & Cirilo, Benny Benni, Pusho, Jowell & Randy, Ñengo Flow, Jenny "La Sexy Voz" and the singers Christians, Maso and Bima
- "No Hacen Na" (Remix) (featuring Hector "El Father", Yomo, Yaga & Mackie, Wisin, Nengo Flow, Tego Calderon, Voltio, Lito MC Cassidy, Polaco, Arcangel & De La Ghetto, Fat Man Scoop, Mario VI)
- "El Armageddon" (featuring Ñengo Flow, Syko "El Terror", Voltio, Lito MC Cassidy, Polaco, Eddie Dee, Vico C, Tego Calderon)
- "No Pidas Perdon"
- "Te Va Ir Mal" (featuring Ghetto)
- "La Calle Llora" (featuring Mexicano)
- "Dime Con Quien Andas"
- "Asi Es Mi Vida" (Remix) (featuring Syko, De La Ghetto, Yomo, Guelo Star)
- "One Blood"
- "Somos De Calle" (Remix) (featuring Daddy Yankee, De La Ghetto, Chyno Nyno, Guelo Star, MC Ceja, Arcángel, Voltio, Nejo, Baby Rasta)
- "Full Records R.I.P"
- "Tu Y Yo Solos" (featuring Aldo El Arquitecto)
- "Un Pesito" (Remix) (featuring Voltio)
- "Ella No Es Fácil" (featuring Farruko)
- "Click, Clack"
- "No Necesito" (Remix) (featuring Ñejo & Dalmata, DJ RAC ROLY)
- "Na Na Nau" (Remix) (featuring Jowell & Randy)
- "La Reunión De Los Vaqueros" (featuring Wisin & Yandel, De La Ghetto, Franco "El Gorila", Tego Calderón)
- "Permanent" (featuring Ivy Queen)
- "Permanent" (Remix) (featuring Ivy Queen, Chyno Nyno, Ñengo Flow, and Franco "El Gorila")
- "Dime Quien" (featuring Young Hollywood)
- "Cuidau Au Au" (Remix) (featuring Daddy Yankee, Alexis & Fido)
- "Blam Blam" (featuring Alexis & Fido) (Perreologia)
- "Pa' Que Te Quites La Ropa" (Remix) (featuring Yomo, J King & Maximan)
- "Latin Girl" (Chosen Few) (featuring Omega "El Fuerte", Jenny)
- "Cuando Cae La Noche" (featuring Franco "El Gorila")
- "Latin Girl Remix" (Chosen Few) (featuring Omega "El Fuerte", Jenny, Jowell & Randy, De La Ghetto)
- "Bien Dura" (featuring Ian "The Kid Capo", Yomo)
- "Dinero Y Fama" (featuring Franco "El Gorila")
- "Bye Bye" (featuring Jey y El Punto featuring Jowel y Randy)
- "El Juego" (featuring Dyland & Lenny)
- "A Dem"
- "Titerito" (Remix) (featuring Farruko and Ñengo Flow)
- "Si Te Me Pegas" (featuring John Jay)
- "A Tu Gata Le Gusta" (featuring Jolhe and Vistol)
- "Viviendo FreeStyle" (featuring O´Neill)
- "En La Lenta (featuring Farruko)
- "Yo Te Amé"
- "Solo Verte"
- "La Nueve Y La Fory"
- "Con Calma" (featuring Elio 'MafiaBoy')
- "Solo Verte" (Remix) (featuring Wisin and Divino)
- "Los Mejores Del Mundo" (Capítulo 1) (featuring Kendo Kaponi)
- "Trankilo Sin Vender Kilo"
- "La Liga Enterre" (featuring Kendo Kaponi, El Sica)
- "Tírale" (featuring O'Neill and Franco "El Gorila")
- "Mátalos" (Capítulo 3) (featuring Kendo Kaponi)
- "Peligro" (Capítulo 4) (featuring Kendo Kaponi)
- "Santa Cos" (RIP Tempo-Asesinato a Tempo)
- "Presión" (featuring Wisin)
- "Sistema" (Remix) (featuring Wisin, Jory, Tito El Bambino, Eddie Avila)
- "Voy A Beber" (Remix 2) (featuring Nicky Jam, Ñejo, Farruko)
- "Payaso" (featuring Mysta El Propio)
- "Mutaciones En Mute" (RIP Genio Y Baby Johhny) (featuring El Sica)
- "Pa' la Pared" (featuring Jowell & Randy)
- "Jingle El Coyote The Show" (2014)
- "Tic Toc" (RIP Tempo)
- "Cansa'o de lo Mismo" (featuring El Sica)
- "Humilde Pero Cotizao'" (featuring O'Neil)
- "Si Mañana Muero" (featuring Pacho & Cirilo)
- "Flow De Criminales" (featuring Yomo)
- "Se Tienen Que Retirar"
- "Provando Voces"
- "No Hay Adversario"
- "Lary Lary"
- "Guitarra Mia"
- "Guerras Callejeras"
- "Fugitiva" (featuring Plan B and J-Quiles)
- "Ellos Quieren"
- "Potencias Liricales" (featuring Lirikal Jav)
- "Masta Flow" (featuring Lirikal Jav)
- "Entre El Bien Y El Mal" (featuring Hector "El Father")
- "Contra Mi"
- "Asalto" (featuring Lirikal Jav)
- "Camina Derecho"
- "Bam Pa' Ti" (featuring Ñengo Flow and Mexicano 777)
- "El Combo Me Llama" (featuring Benny Benni "La Jodienda", Pusho, D-OZI, El Sica, Farruko, Daddy Yankee)
- "Probando" (featuring Daddy Yankee)
- "Gatilleros" (featuring Tito el Bambino)
- "El Que Tenga Miedo Que Se Quite" (featuring Pacho & Cirilo)
- "Lento" (featuring Jayma & Dalex)
- "Bum Bum" (Remix) (featuring Franco "El Gorila" and Farruko)
- "Las Mujeres"
- "La Calle lo Pidió" (Remix) (featuring Tito el Bambino, Wisin, Nicky Jam, J Alvarez and Zion)
- "El Que Tenga Miedo que se Quite" (Remix) (featuring Pacho & Cirilo, Juanka "El Problematik", Kendo Kaponi)
- "Lento" (Remix) (featuring Jayma & Dalex, Jory Boy, Kendo Kaponi)
- "Papa Caliente"
- "La Película" (featuring J Alvarez)
- "Suelten Pistolas" (featuring Tony Lenta, Jowell & Randy)
- "Arca VS Coscu" (featuring Arcangel)
- "Vivimos Facturando" (featuring Zion & Lennox)
- "La Calle Me Hizo" (featuring Benny Benni "La Jodienda", Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, Baby Rasta, J Álvarez, Farruko and Gotay "El Autentiko")
- "La Conversación" (featuring Kendo Kaponi, Beltito Esta En El Beat)
- "Chavos Pal Banco" (featuring Arcangel)
- "Baby Boo"
- "Simon Dice"
- "Te Busco" (featuring Nicky Jam)
- "Baby Boo" (Remix) (featuring Arcangel, Wisin and Daddy Yankee)
- "Gatilleros" (Remix) (featuring Tito el Bambino, Arcangel, Tempo, Ñengo Flow, Farruko, Kendo Kaponi, Alexio "La Bestia", Pusho, El Sica, Almighty, Benny Benni "La Jodienda", Juanka "El Problematik", Genio)
- https://www.allmusic.com/artist/cosculluela-mn0001496816/biography All Music Biography
- https://www.allmusic.com/album/buddhas-family-vol-2-desde-la-prision-mw0000333960 Buddha's Family 2 credits
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYQy9qvfCdw link to Este Es Mi Momento mixtape on YOUTUBE
- https://www.allmusic.com/album/echo-presenta-invasion-mw0000474494 Invasion credits from All Music
- "Cosculluela - Chart History: Top Latin Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Cosculluela - Chart History: Rap Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- https://www.allmusic.com/album/santa-cos-mw0002637087 All Music page
- https://www.billboard.com/music/cosculluela/chart-history/latin-albums/song/997165 Billboard chart history for Cosculluela's albums
- https://www.allmusic.com/artist/dj-luian-mn0002600439/songs DJ Luian All Music Page
- https://www.billboard.com/biz/search/charts?f%5b0%5d=ss_chart_search_title%3A%22Baby%20Boo%22&f%5b1%5d=itm_field_chart_id%3A403&refine=1 Baby Boo Chart history
- https://www.allmusic.com/album/te-busco-mw0002886817 Te Busco reference from AllMusic
- https://www.billboard.com/music/cosculluela/chart-history/latin-songs/song/922597 Te Busco chart history
- https://www.billboard.com/music/cosculluela/chart-history/tropical-songs/song/998325 Manicomio chart history
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sosF0xP57HE Manicomio YouTube Count 165,098,242 views as of 1/3/2018