Corona de lágrimas (2012 TV series)
Corona de Lágrimas (Crown of Tears) is a 2012 Mexican telenovela produced by José Alberto Castro for Televisa. It is a remake of Corona de Lágrimas, produced in 1965 and starring Prudencia Grifell and Jorge Lavat.
|Corona de lágrimas|
|Created by||Jesús Calzada|
|Based on||Corona de lágrimas|
by Manuel Canseco Noriega
|Written by||Ximena Suárez|
|Story by||Manuel Canseco Noriega|
|Creative director||Sandra Cortez|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Corona de lágrimas" by Cristian Castro|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||111|
|Executive producer||José Alberto Castro|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||September 24, 2012 –|
February 24, 2013
Univision aired Corona de lagrimas weeknight at 7pm/6c from Monday December 3, 2012 with Un refugio para el amor replacing it. The last episode was broadcast on Friday May 10, 2013 with Corazón indomable replacing it Monday May 13, 2013. Univision aired re-runs of Corona de lagrimas Wednesday September 16, 2015 weekday overnights From Tuesday to Saturday morning at 1am/12c replacing La rosa de Guadalupe. The last episode was broadcast on Saturday February 27, 2016 with Corazón Indomable replacing it Tuesday March 1, 2016.
When Refugio and her three children, Patricio, Edmundo and Ignacio are thrown from their home, by chance of destiny they arrive at the city of Mexico, where they initiate a new life. Eighteen years later, they find themselves established in a small apartment in a popular area. She has a modest job, and although she has serious eye problems, she does not take care of her health by attending to the needs of her children. Patricio studies Laws and dreams of a comfortable and prosperous future; Edmundo studied Medicine and is a bright but undisciplined student, and Ignacio was only able to finish high school because he works in a mechanic's workshop, because he helps his mother to pay the expenses of the house and the studies of his brothers.
Patricio has become a boyfriend of Lucero, daughter of Julieta, who hosted them when they arrived in the city, but soon after, he rejects her when he meets Olga, a fickle girl whose fortune dazzles him, which leads him to be ashamed of his family And to lie about their origin, even going so far as to deny their mother. Olga begins to doubt the lies of Patricio, reason why it spies and it discovers that lives very modestly. Exposed, he lies to her again telling her that Refugio was her nanny, and because she has a mental illness, she has to take care of her. She admires him for charity. Refugio tries in vain to make Patricio understand that with Olga he will never be happy. On the other hand, Edmundo begins to court Lucero, unintentionally hurting Ignacio, who loves her in secret.
Olga asks her father, the lawyer Romulo Ancira, to employ Patricio in his law firm. As the father is fed up with the whims of the daughter, he agrees and soon announces his commitment to marriage. As a result of his wedding, Patricio moves away completely from his mother and his brothers. When Refugio tries to approach Olga to recover the affection of its son, only receives humiliations; This causes disputes between Edmundo and Ignacio.
Patricio finds out that his father is not the same as that of his brothers; Accuses his mother of being unfaithful and demands that she never come back to him. As a result, Refugio falls into a severe depression that leads her to lose her job and aggravates her loss of sight.
Neither Edmundo nor Ignacio seem to be able to comfort her, but they intend to get her out; Edmundo, looking for easy money with an illegal business, and Ignacio, in debt. Edmundo soon falls in jail and the situation is aggravated when Ignacio goes to Patricio to ask him to defend it before the law and this one refuses.
The marriage life of Patricio and Olga is a disaster, and she comes to so much jealousy Patricio that, by attempting to blackmail him, commits suicide, with which the world of luxury and comfort of Patricio collapses.
When the man who ruined the life of Refugio and his children crosses into their lives by chance, Patricio learns the truth of his origin and the efforts of his mother in spite of adversity. The pain of his own failures, has overcome the arrogance of Patricio, who begs Refugio to forgive him and agrees to defend his brother, after which he recovers the family harmony.
- Victoria Ruffo as Refugio Chavero
- Maribel Guardia as Julieta Vázquez
- Ernesto Laguardia as Rómulo Ancira
- África Zavala as Lucero Vázquez
- Adriana Louvier as Olga Ancira
- José María Torre as Edmundo Chavero
- Mané de la Parra as Ignacio Chavero
- Alejandro Nones as Patricio Chavero
- Lola Merino as Mercedes Ancira
- Martha Julia as Flor Escutia
- Arturo Carmona as Apolinar Pantoja
- Juan Carlos Casasola as Benjamín Aguilar
- Amairani as Erika
- Raquel Garza as Martina Durán
- Erika García as Magos
- Ulises de la Torre as Agustín Galindo
- Mauricio García as Raúl Cervantes
- Felipe Nájera as Marco Cervantes
- Fabiola Guajardo as Norma
- Axel Ricco as El Pollo
- Elizabeth Guindi as Aurora Cervantes
- Ilithya Manzanilla as Sandra Cervantes
- Cassandra Sánchez Navarro as Chelito Durán
- Mariluz Bermúdez as Cassandra
- Demián Gabriel as El pinzas
- Alejandro Ávila as Baldomero Chavero
- Javier Ruán as Isaías Requena
- Juan Peláez as Eliseo Marrufo
Evita Muñoz reacted to the telenovela saying that it had nothing to do with the version produced in 1965; The actress commented that Victoria Ruffo should not have been chosen as the protagonist, because in the original version the actress was a little older.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2013||31st TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela.||José Alberto Castro||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actrees||Victoria Ruffo||Won|
|Best Co-Star Actress||África Zavala||Nominated|
|Best Male Revelation||Axel Ricco||Won|
|Best Female Revelation||Cassandra Sánchez Navarro||Won|
|Best Musical Theme||"Corona de Lágrimas" by Cristian Castro||Nominated|
|Best Direction of the Cameras||Juan Carlos Muñoz and Alex Gamboa||Nominated|
|Los Favoritos del Público 2013||Favorite Villain||Adriana Louvier||Nominated|
|The Most Beautiful Women||Victoria Ruffo||Nominated|
|The Most Handsome Guy||Mane de la Parra||Nominated|
|Favorite Slap||Victoria Ruffo slapping Alejandro Nones||Nominated|
|Favorite Finale||"Corona de lágrimas" by José Alberto Castro||Nominated|
- Univision Premieres “Corona De Lágrimas” – The Moving Story of a Mother’s Selfless Struggle
- Elenco de Corona de lágrimas filma en Zacatecas
- Ernesto Laguardia será el villano de 'Corona de Lagrimas'
- Martha Julia será la villana de la telenovela "Corona De Lágrimas"
- Rubio, Flor. "El lunes inician grabaciones en foro "Corona de lágrimas"". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Grupo Fórmula. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Ofician misa de inicio de grabaciones de Corona de Lágrimas". tvyespectaculos.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- Zàrate, Hanzel. "Graban en Acapulco la telenovela "Corona de lágrimas"". coctelacapulco.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Graban en Zacatecas escenas de la telenovela "Corona de lágrimas"". ntrzacatecas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Graban en Tijuana telenovela "Corona de Lágrimas"". uniradioinforma.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- ""Chachita" prefiere versión original de Corona de lágrimas". orizabaenred.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-05. Retrieved 2013-04-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Lista de ganadores de los Premios TV y Novelas 2013 en México". Archived from the original on 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-04-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "NOTA: Estos fueron los Favoritos del público". Archived from the original on 2013-07-03. Retrieved 2013-04-29.