Corbin High School
Corbin High had multiple notable athletes who were active in the 1950s and 1960s and became a part of professional and university athletic teams. They included:
- Tommy Adkins
- Bob Barton
- Billy Bird - American football player
- Calvin Bird - American football player; a member of the 1955 team, which never had a loss
- Jerry Bird - Basketball player
- Rodger Bird - American football player
- Steve Bird
- Bob Coleman
- Jesse Grant
- Roy Kidd
- Frank Selvy - Basketball player
- Jerry Smith
Gary West, a man from Bowling Green, Kentucky who became friends with Rodger Bird while attending university, stated that the community little leagues formed the foundation for the success of athletics at Corbin High; all of the players of the little leagues would attend the same high school.
West wrote a 2013 book, The Boys from Corbin, America's Greatest Little Sports Town, discussing the CHS sports teams of the 1950s and 1960s. At first Rodger Bird declined to assist with the writing a book about his high school career, but six months later he agreed on the condition that the book also discusses the Selvys and other famous athletes from CHS.
- "About Us." Corbin High School. Retrieved on December 14, 2016.
- Patton, Kevin (2013-05-13). "Rodger Bird central figure in book on small town's great athletes". Evansville Courier & Press. Retrieved 2016-12-14. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "The Boys from Corbin: America's Greatest Little Sports Town." Google Books. Retrieved on December 14, 201.
|This Kentucky school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|