|50th. Anniversary of Clarín Cup|
|Date||8 November 1995|
|Venue||Estadio Monumental, Buenos Aires|
|Referee||Ernesto Filippi (URU)|
The match was played on the occasion of the 50th. anniversary of Clarín, the largest newspapers of Argentina and the second most circulated in the Spanish-speaking world, which was also the main sponsor for the match.
This was the 80th time that Argentina and Brazil faced each other, and the first match between both teams after Brazil eliminated Argentina via penalty shoot-out at the 1995 Copa América, when forward Túlio scored a controversial goal (he used his hand to receive the pass before shooting) to tie the game on 81'. That goal forced the penalties to qualify a team to semifinals.
— Túlio in an interview in 2019
A second match would be played by both teams in 1997.
- "Copa 50imo Aniversario de Clarín". RSSSF. Retrieved 9 March 2022.
- "Los 10 mejores Diarios de toda la Argentina ". Laprensa.news.
- El desarrollo gráfico de los diarios impresos Clarín y La Nación on Universidad Abierta Interamericana, 2015
- "Seleção Brasileira (Brazilian National Team) 1994-1995". RSSSF Brasil. Retrieved 8 March 2022.
- El recordado gol con la mano de Tulio ante la Argentina en la Copa América 1995 by Joaquín Jary on Goal.com, Jul 10, 2021
- Túlio volvió a recordar su famosa mano contra Argentina: "Están llorando hasta hoy" on Ambito, 1 Jul 2019
- Argentina jugará un amistoso con Brasil, Clarín, 23 Oct 1997