Cooper Manning (born March 6, 1974) is the host for the show The Manning Hour for Fox Sports as well as Principal and Senior Managing Director of Investor Relations for AJ Capital Partners. He is the oldest son of former professional football quarterback Archie Manning, and the older brother of former professional football quarterback Peyton Manning and current quarterback Eli Manning.
|Employer||AJ Capital Partners|
|Parent(s)||Archie Manning (father)|
Olivia Manning (mother)
|Relatives||Peyton Manning (brother)|
Eli Manning (brother)
Born in 1974, Manning was the first child of Archie Manning and Olivia Manning. He played football for Isidore Newman School as a wide receiver and had a breakout year his senior year of high school with his brother Peyton Manning throwing all of the passes.
Manning was a highly ranked prospect out of high school and ended up committing to the University of Mississippi, Archie's alma mater. When practices started in the summer before school, Manning felt some numbness in his fingers and toes, so he went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to be diagnosed. There he was told that he had spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spine and pinching of the nerves. Manning accepted the diagnosis and immediately ended his playing career.
Manning was a partner of Scotia Howard Weil, an energy investment boutique with offices in Houston and New Orleans. The firm holds an annual Energy Conference that attracts representatives for top-level investors, public energy companies, private energy companies, private equity firms, and other commercial lenders from around the world.
During the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans, he hosted his own segment on The Dan Patrick Show, titled "Manning on the Street". On September 13, 2015, Manning joined the broadcast team of Fox NFL Kickoff. In 2016, AJ Capital Partners added Manning to its executive team as Principal and Senior Managing Director of Investor Relations. AJ Capital Partners is a private real estate company based in Chicago, IL focused on building a portfolio of hotels and resorts, most notably, the company's in-house brand, Graduate Hotels, a collection of boutique design-driven hotels in university-anchored markets across the US. Other projects have included restorations of existing hotels and development of new properties, several located in Chicago, such as Chicago Athletic Association, Soho House Chicago, Thompson Chicago and Hotel Lincoln.
- "Cooper Manning is almost as funny as Peyton and Eli" [The Washington Post]
- "Cooper Manning joins AJ Capital Partners as senior managing director". Hotel Online. March 31, 2016.
- Lopretsi, Mike (January 30, 2008). "The Other Manning Brother Lives A Life Without Regret". USA Today. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Conway, Tyler. "Cooper Manning's Injury, Aftermath Play Central Role in ESPN's 'Book of Manning'". bleacherreport.com. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Spinal Stenosis". American College of Rheumatology. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Cooper Manning Finds Niche in Stocks, Leaving NFL to Brothers". bloomberg.com. January 29, 2010. Archived from the original on February 2, 2010. Retrieved February 9, 2016.
- "Howard Weil | Institutional Sales & Trading". www.howardweil.com. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- "Annual Energy Conference". Scotia Howard Weil. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- "Cooper Manning Proves To Be The Funniest Of The Manning Brothers". Business Insider. February 1, 2013.
- Boron, Cindy. "Cooper Manning is almost as funny as Peyton and Eli" The Washington Post (October 11, 2015)
- Rudnansky, Ryan (May 29, 2015). "Chicago Athletic Association reopens as luxury boutique hotel". Travel Pulse.
- Ori, Ryan (July 26, 2013). "Soho House Hotel developers plan office conversion nearby". Chicago Business.
- Gallun, Alby (July 28, 2015). "In hot hotel market will Thompson Chicago sell for record price?". Chicago Business.
- "Shorenstein invests in Chicago mixed use redevelopment venture". REJournals.com. August 21, 2013. Archived from the original on August 16, 2014. Retrieved November 30, 2017.