Cook Group Incorporated is an American privately held company based in Bloomington, Indiana, and primarily involved in manufacturing of medical devices. It was ranked #324 in Forbes' 2008 America's Largest Private Companies. It has four main divisions: Cook Medical, Cook Services, Cook Properties, and Cook Brothers Insulation. All four divisions are made up of several subsidiary companies.
|privately held company|
|Industry||medical device, Building Materials, Manufacturing,Plastic, Packaging & Containers.|
|Founder||William A. "Bill" Cook|
|Gayle Cook (Co-Founder)|
Carl Cook (CEO)
|Revenue||Over $2 billion|
Number of employees
The flagship company, Cook Incorporated, part of the medical division, was founded in 1963 in a spare bedroom in Bloomington. The first products of Cook Incorporated included catheters, needles, and wire guides. Today, the company manufactures more than 16,000 products across 10 hospital service lines, and serves 135 countries. Other companies include also the manufacturers K-Tube and Cook Polymer Technology. Cook owns CFC Properties, a property development company that owns residential and commercial properties in Bloomington as well as Fountain Square Mall and Grant Street Inn. Cook also restored and owns French Lick Resort, which includes the historic West Baden Springs Hotel and the French Lick Springs Hotel.
Subsidiary acquisition: Cook Pharmica LLCEdit
In September 2017, Catalent purchased Cook Pharmica for $950 million. 
- "History & Innovators". Bloomington, Indiana: Cook Group Incorporated. 2009-10-01. Archived from the original on 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- "#324 Cook Group". Forbes.com: America's Largest Private Companies. New York City: Forbes.com LLC. 2008-11-03. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- "Corporate Profile". Bloomington, Indiana: Cook Group Incorporated. 2009-10-01. Archived from the original on 2011-06-09. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- "1960s: How Cook Medical Got Its Start". Cook Medical. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Clinical Divisions at a Glance". Cook Medical. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "About CFC, Inc". Bloomington, Indiana: CFC, Inc. 2009-10-19.
- "Cook Pharmica Sold To Catalent For $950M, Cook Group Buys GE Plant". Indiana Public Media. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
- Cook Group — official home page
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|