Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe
The Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe (also Convocation of American Churches in Europe) is a jurisdiction of the Episcopal Church created in 1859 by an action of the General Convention. The Convocation includes all Episcopal congregations in continental Europe. Along with dioceses in New York, New Jersey, Haiti, Cuba, and the Virgin Islands it belongs to Province II of the Episcopal Church.
The Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church has jurisdiction over the convocation but oversight is delegated to a bishop in charge. On April 6, 2019 Mark David Wheeler Edington succeeded Right Reverend Pierre W. Whalon as Bishop in Charge, in a consecration and installation ceremony presided over by the Presiding Bishop, the Most Rev. Michael Bruce Curry, at the American Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in Paris.
- All Saints', Waterloo
- Christ the King, Frankfurt am Main
- Church of the Ascension, Munich
- St. Augustine's of Canterbury, Wiesbaden
- Emmanuel, Geneva
Missions and other institutionsEdit
There are also groups known as "missionary congregations that are not yet full parishes as well as other institutions connected to the convocation. These are located in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, and Italy.
- Marriage Retreat Kapelle, Mühlbach am Hochkönig
- Grace Anglican Episcopal Church in the Hérault, Montpellier
- St. James the Less, Nuremberg
- St. Boniface, Augsburg
- St. Columban's, Karlsruhe
- Anglican-Episcopal Ministry in Thuringia: Weimar
- Congregacion Latinoamericana - Iglesia San Pablo Dentro de los Muros de Roma - Spanish language ministry in Rome
- Church of the Resurrection, Orvieto - Italian and English ministry
- Italian Language Ministry
- Gesú Buon Pastore, Milan - Mission
- Joel Nafuma Refugee Center, Rome
- Santa Maria a Ferrano - Retreat Center near Florence
- 1971 to 1974: Edmond Browning
- 1986–1989: Donald Davies
- 1988 to 1993: Matthew P. Bigliardi
- 1994 to 2001: Jeffery Rowthorn
- 2001 to April 6, 2019: Pierre Whalon
- Since April 6, 2019 Mark David Wheeler Edington
The (then) Rev. Mark D.W. Edington of the Diocese of Massachusetts was elected Bishop in Charge of the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe in October 2018. Presiding Bishop Michael Curry ordained and consecrated him on April 6, 2019 at the American Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in Paris.
- Diocese of Gibraltar in Europe - the Church of England's diocese in Europe
- "Convocation of American Churches in Europe". Episcopal Church. May 22, 2012.
- Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe, Parishes and missions Archived 2008-08-28 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- Baptized Members by Province and Diocese 2000-2010 'Churches in Europe, 2010: 3,857' archive.episcopalchurch.org accessed 17 October 2018
- "Parishes and Missions". Archived from the original on August 28, 2008.
- "Declaration of Unity, Witness and Mission". Church Times (#AAMBIT 3). 1 July 1988. p. 1. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 22 July 2019 – via UK Press Online archives.
- "Retired Oregon Bishop Dies". The Living Church. Vol. 212 no. 12. March 24, 1996. p. 7 – via Archives of the Episcopal Church.
- Search, Europe Bishop. "Europe Bishop Search". Europe Bishop Search. Retrieved 2018-12-11.