This article may contain excessive or inappropriate references to self-published sources. (March 2023)
Working principles of content intelligence software edit
The AI works within a certain framework to edit the behavioral analysis of customers and clients. It should be able to process a large amount of data in order to give the content strategist an idea about:
- Content trends and efficacy
- How clients react to the content (sentiment analysis)
- The voice and style of the content
Content intelligence is often viewed as an asset for creating and maintaining high-quality content for targeted audiences.
Some ways for companies to achieve content intelligence include implementing or integrating AI into their business' content management system, customer relationship management, or digital asset management technologies. A semantic engine can also be a part of content intelligence software to automatically classify content according to topic or the tags a platform assigns.
Content intelligence software is often sought by marketers, content strategists, UX writers, and product managers.
See also edit
- "What Is Content Intelligence?". www.ama.org. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018. Retrieved May 23, 2018.
- "Introducing Content Intelligence". www.forrester.com. March 24, 2017.
- "An Introduction to Content Intelligence". www.qordoba.com.
- "Content Intelligence Explained in Five Minutes [Infographic]". www.curata.com. August 28, 2017.
- "Content Intelligence: The New Frontier of Content Marketing Technology". www.curata.com. May 4, 2017.
- "Where Content Intelligence is positioned in your company". www.contentintelligence.net.
- "Content Intelligence: Big Data According to Thron". www.thron.com.