Some building materials like cold rolled steel framing are considered modern methods of construction, over the traditionally slower methods like blockwork and timber. Many building materials have a variety of uses, therefore it is always a good idea to consult the manufacturer to check if a product is best suited to your requirements.
Catalogs distributed by architectural product suppliers are typically organized into these groups.
- Building Materials: Dangerous Properties of Products in MasterFormat Divisions 7 and 9 - H. Leslie Simmons, Richard J. Lewis, Richard J. Lewis (Sr.) - Google Books
- Building Materials - P.C. Varghese - Google Books
- Architectural Building Materials - Salvan, George S. - Google Books
- Durability of Building Materials and Components 8: Service Life and Asset Management - Michael A. Lacasse, Dana J. Vanier - Google Books
- Durability of Building Materials and Components - J. M. Baker - Google Books
- Understanding Green Building Materials - Traci Rose Rider, Stacy Glass, Jessica McNaughton - Google Books
- Heat-Air-Moisture Transport: Measurements on Building Materials - Phālgunī Mukhopādhyāẏa, M. K. Kumaran - Google Books
- Media related to Construction materials at Wikimedia Commons