Conspicuous Service Medal
The Conspicuous Service Medal (CSM) is a military decoration awarded to personnel of the Australian Defence Force, and officers and instructors of the Australian Defence Force Cadets. It is awarded for meritorious achievement or dedication to duty in non-war like situations. The CSM was introduced in 1989 and is a distinct Australian military award. It is the second level award of the Conspicuous Service Decorations in the Australian Honours System. Recipients of the Conspicuous Service Medal are entitled to use the post-nominal letters "CSM". Since its inception 1,021 had been awarded, plus a single Bar. All ranks are eligible for the award.
|Conspicuous Service Medal|
Obverse of medal and ribbon
|Awarded by Australia|
|Eligibility||Members of the Australian Defence Force and Officers & Instructors of the Australian Defence Force Cadets|
|Awarded for||meritorious achievement or dedication to duty in non-war like situations to members of the Australian Defence Force |
|Established||18 October 1989|
|Last awarded||2015 Australia Day Honours|
|Order of Wear|
|Next (higher)||Order of Saint John|
|Next (lower)||Australian Antarctic Medal (AAM)|
|Related||Conspicuous Service Cross (CSC)|
Ribbon with clasp to represent a second award
- The Conspicuous Service Medal is a circular nickel-silver medal 38 mm in diameter. It is ensigned with the Crown of Saint Edward in nickel-silver. The obverse bears the Southern Cross surrounded by a laurel wreath.
- The reverse has a horizontal panel that is superimposed on a design of fluted rays.
- The medal is suspended from the ribbon by a nickel-silver suspension bar.
- The 32 mm ribbon has alternating equal-width, diagonal stripes of bush green and sandy gold.
- "The Order of Wearing of Australian Honours and Awards" (PDF). It's an Honour. Australian Government. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- Medal Yearbook 2013. Honiton, Devon: Token. 2013. p. 387. ISBN 978-1-908-828-00-2.
- Maton, Michael (1995). The National Honours & Awards of Australia. Kenthurst, NSW: Kangaroo Press. p. 78. ISBN 0-86417-679-1.
- It's an Honour Australian Government website
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|