Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration
The Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration (CONAHEC) (Spanish: Consorcio para la Colaboración de la Educación Superior en América del Norte, French: Consortium pour la collaboration dans l'enseignement supérieur en Amérique du Nord) is a non-profit membership organization which advises and connects higher education institutions interested in establishing or strengthening academic collaborative programs in the North American region.
Consortium for North American
• Executive Director
• President of the Board
Its core membership is composed by colleges and universities from Canada, the United States and Mexico. Since 2008, its membership has expanded to include participation of key higher education institutions from other countries.
CONAHEC fosters academic collaboration among higher educacion institutions and it has developed a successful partnership with the key national umbrella higher education organizations in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) region: the American Council on Education (ACE), the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC), the Association of Canadian Community Colleges and the Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Educación Superior (ANUIES) from Mexico.
With more than 170 member institutions, today, CONAHEC is the largest and most comprehensive network of institutions from the NAFTA region, offering student exchanges, annual conferences, professional development programs, and direct advise to its members.
CONAHEC was founded in 1994 as the U.S.-Mexico Educational Interchange Project, co-convened by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education and the Mexican Association for International Education (AMPEI). Later, in 1997, the organization adopted its current name and official trinational scope.
CONAHEC member institutions have established a series of services, including:
- North American Student Exchange Program.
- Online information services and institutional "matchmaking".
- North American Higher Education Conference.
- Student Organization of North America.
- Regional executive workshops.
- Intensive language, culture, and higher education immersion programs.
- Specialized publications.
- Faculty Mobility Program
|President of the Board of Directors||Term|
|Salvador Malo. Mexico||2004–2006|
|David A. Longanecker. USA||2006–2008|
|David Marshall. Canada||2008–2010|
|Fernando León-García. Mexico||2010–2012|
|David A. Longanecker. USA||2013–2015|
|David Atkinson. CANADA||2013–2018|
|Fernando León-Garcia. USA||2018–2020|
- Official Web site of CONAHEC
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- Colleges and Institutes Canada (CiCAN)
- Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Enseñanza Superior (ANUIES)
- NAFTA Secretariat website
- North American Development Bank (NADBANK)