Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir (English: My Future Catholic School Board); previously the Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud ("CSDCCS") is the Roman Catholic separate, French language school board for the South-Central region of Ontario. It is headquartered in the Centre d'éducation catholique Omer-Deslauriers (Omer Deslauriers Centre of Catholic Education) in North York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
|Conseil scolaire catholique Mon Avenir|
Centre d'éducation catholique Omer-Deslauriers, head office for the school board
|110 Drewry Avenue|
Toronto (Ontario) M2M 1C8
|Schools||47 elementary schools|
13 secondary schools
58 total[note 1]
|Budget||CA$150.1 million (2010-2011)|
|Students and staff|
|Chair of the Board||Mélinda Chartrand|
|Director of Education||André Blais|
The CSDCCS provides French-language school services to the following areas in Ontario:
- the cities of Toronto, Hamilton and Kawartha Lakes
- the regional municipalities of Durham, York, Peel, Halton, Niagara and Waterloo,
- the Counties of Brant, Dufferin, Haldimand, Norfolk, Northumberland, Peterborough, Simcoe and Wellington,
- the District Municipality of Muskoka, and
- in the District of Parry Sound, the Town of Parry Sound and the Townships of Carling, McDougall, McKellar and Seguin.
As part of the province-wide restructuring of Ontario's school boards as a consequence of the passage of the Fewer School Boards Act, 1997, the French-language Separate District School Board No. 64 was created to take over the French-language schools previously managed by the area's separate school boards. In Toronto, until 1998, the board was known as Les Conseil des écoles catholiques du Grand Toronto (CECGT).
It was renamed as the Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud in 1999. In May 2017, it was renamed to the Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir.
The Board's schools cover the Greater Golden Horseshoe area of Ontario. The school board operates 46 elementary schools, 11 secondary schools, and two schools that provides both elementary, and secondary levels of education.
|City/Region/County||Elementary schools||Secondary schools|
|City of Hamilton||
|City of Peterborough||
|City of Toronto||
|County of Brant||
|County of Norfolk||
|County of Simcoe||
|Regional Municipality of Durham||
|Regional Municipality of Halton||
|Regional Municipality of Niagara||
|Regional Municipality of Peel|
|Regional Municipality of Waterloo|
|Regional Municipality of York|
- Two schools of Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir provide both elementary, and secondary schooling
- The school operates as both a elementary and secondary school.
- "Budget 2007-2008" (PDF). Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud. p. 7. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- ".: Mission et vision - CSDCCS :". Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "Your French School." Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud. Retrieved on March 11, 2011. "110, ave. Drewry, North York (Ontario) M2M 1C8"
- "Rapport annuel 2000-2001." Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud. p. 7. Retrieved on December 18, 2011. "Le 12 avril 2001, le Conseil invitait tout le personnel administratif du Centre d'éducation catholique Omer-Deslauriers (siège social)[...]
- Establishment, Areas of Jurisdiction, and Names of District School Boards, O. Reg. 185/97
- Fewer School Boards Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 3
- Transition from Old Boards to District School Boards, O. Reg. 460/97
- School Board information
- Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
- Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir (in French)
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud at the Wayback Machine (archive index)
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud at the Wayback Machine (archive index) (in French)