Connor Williams (American football)
Williams at 2017 Big 12 Media Days
|No. 52 – Dallas Cowboys|
|Born:||May 12, 1997|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||320 lb (145 kg)|
|High school:||Coppell (Coppell, Texas)|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 50|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Williams attended Coppell High School. As a freshman, he started the last 3 games at right tackle. As a sophomore, he was moved to tight end, but by the end of the season he was switched to left tackle.
As a senior, he was a two-way player, allowing one sack and one holding penalty, while making 38 tackles (5 for loss), 3 sacks, 5 quarterback pressures, 5 forced fumbles and 2 passes defensed. He was a second-team 6A All-State and an All-district selection.
The next year, he started 11 out of 12 games at left tackle and was considered by the media and coaches one of the best offensive tackles in college football. He became just the fourth sophomore in school history to receive first-team All-American honors.
As a junior, he suffered a left knee injury in the third game against USC. He returned to play in the eleventh game against West Virginia University. He started only five out of 12 games at left tackle (first 3 and final 2 regular season contests). On November 27, 2017, Williams announced that he would forego his senior year in favor of the 2018 NFL Draft, and that he would not play in the 2017 Texas Bowl.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 1⁄8 in
|10 1⁄2 in
|5.05 s||1.72 s||2.89 s||4.63 s||7.83 s||34 in
|9 ft 4 in
|All values from NFL Draft|
Williams was selected by Dallas Cowboys in the second round (50th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft, with the intention of playing him at guard. He was named the starting left guard, starting the first eight games before being benched in Week 10 in favor of Xavier Su'a-Filo. He then started two games at right guard in place of an injured Zack Martin.
- Eberts, Wescott (November 17, 2016). "Connor Williams named an Outland Trophy semifinalist".
- Trapasso, Chris (November 28, 2017). "Texas' Connor Williams declares for 2018 NFL Draft: Profile, ranking, NFL fits". CBS Sports. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Prospect Profile - Connor Williams". nfl.com. March 1, 2018. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- "Texas OT Connor Williams : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- "The Dallas Cowboys select Connor Williams with the 50th pick in the 2018 NFL draft". BloggingTheBoys.com. April 27, 2018. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- "Mike Mayock's pick-by-pick draft analysis for Rounds 2-3 results". NFL.com. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "How Connor Williams turned tables on bullies en route to NFL". NFL.com. Retrieved April 28, 2018.