The Conejo Valley Unified School District (CVUSD) is a school district in Ventura County, California. The district serves the Conejo Valley area, including the city of Thousand Oaks, the adjacent community of Newbury Park, and the Ventura County portion of Westlake Village.
|Conejo Valley Unified School District|
1400 East Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, California, 91362
|Superintendent||Mark W. McLaughlin, Ed.D.|
|NCES District ID||0609640 |
|Students and staff|
The Conejo Valley Unified School District was established in 1974 from the merger of three school districts covering the Conejo Valley, including two elementary districts and the eastern portion of the Oxnard Union High School District (OUHSD). Thousand Oaks and Newbury Park high schools predate unification, having been built by OUHSD in the 1960s.
- Acacia Elementary School
- Aspen Elementary School
- Banyan Elementary School
- Conejo Elementary School
- Open Classroom Leadership Magnet School
- Cypress Elementary School
- EARTHS Magnet School
- Glenwood Elementary School
- Ladera Elementary School
- Lang Ranch Elementary School
- Madrona Elementary School
- Maple Elementary School
- Sycamore Canyon Elementary School
- Walnut Elementary School
- Weathersfield Elementary School
- Westlake Elementary School
- Westlake Hills Elementary School
- Wildwood Elementary School
- Colina Middle School
- Los Cerritos Middle School
- Redwood Middle School
- Sequoia Middle School
- Century Academy
- Sycamore Canyon Middle School
Los Cerritos Middle SchoolEdit
Los Cerritos Middle School (LCMS) was named a Blue Ribbon School in 2004.
In 2010, the Los Cerritos Middle School Jazz Band became the first Ventura County school band to perform at the Midwest Band Clinic, an international band and orchestra conference that is held annually in Chicago. According to school representatives, the invitation is the highest honor a school band can receive.
Sequoia Middle SchoolEdit
Sequoia Middle School was named a California Distinguished School in 2011, the only Ventura County school to be so honored that year.
- Newbury Park High School
- Thousand Oaks High School
- Westlake High School
- Conejo Valley High School
- Century Academy
- ^ a b c d e f "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Conejo Valley Unified". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2022-03-05.
- ^ "Superintendent". Conejo Valley Unified School District. Archived from the original on October 5, 2011. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- ^ Kisken, Tom. "Sex education controversy divides Conejo Valley school district". Ventura County Star. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- ^ "About: District History". Oxnard Union High School District. Archived from the original on November 25, 2013.
- ^ McGrath, Rachel (December 20, 2012). "Westlake High School students to enjoy Chicago and all that jazz". Ventura County Star. Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- ^ "California Distinguished Schools Awardees 2011". California Department of Education.