|Look up conductor or conduction in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Conductor or conduction may refer to:
- Conductor (music), a person who leads a musical ensemble.
- Conductor (rail), a captain of the crew of a train or tram
- Bus conductor, a person who checks passengers' tickets on a bus
- Conductor (military appointment), a senior Warrant Officer appointment in the Royal Logistic Corps and its predecessors
- Conductor of a recessive gene: Genetic carrier
- Conductor (ring theory), an ideal of a ring that measures how far it is from being integrally closed
- Conductor of an abelian variety, a description of its bad reduction
- Conductor of a Dirichlet character, the natural (smallest) modulus for a character
- Conductor (class field theory), a modulus describing the ramification in an abelian extension of local or global fields
- Artin conductor, an ideal or number associated to a representation of a Galois group of a local or global field
- In the theory of numerical semigroups, the conductor of a numerical semigroup is the smallest integer in the semigroup such that all subsequent integers are likewise in the semigroup.
- Electrical conductor, an object, substance or material allowing the flow of an electric charge
- Electrical resistivity and conductivity, the movement of charged particles through an electrical conductor
- Electrical resistance and conductance
- Fast ion conductor, a solid-state electrical conductor which conducts due to the movement of ions
- Mixed conductor, a solid state electrical conductor which conducts due to the movement of ions and electrons
- Electrical conduction system of the heart
- Thermal conduction, the transfer of thermal energy through matter
- Conductor (album), an album by indie rock band The Comas
- Conductor (architecture), a traditional name for a downspout
- Conductor (company), a provider of SEO services platforms based in New York City
- Conductor (underground railroad), an operative of the Underground Railroad of the 19th century United States helping move slaves to freedom
- The conductor, part of the palpal bulb of male spiders
- Mr. Conductor, a character in Shining Time Station and in Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Conduction, a type of structured free improvisation in music notably practiced by Butch Morris
- The Conductor (film), a 2012 Russian film by Pavel Lungin
- The Orchestra Conductor aka The Conductor, a 1980 Polish film by Andrzej Wajda
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Conductor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.