|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Founded||30 December 1927|
|• Alcalde||Carlos Sottolichio Urquiza ((PPD))|
|• Total||70.7 km2 (27.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,900/km2 (4,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT )|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST )|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Conchali|
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Conchalí spans an area of 70.7 km2 (27 sq mi) and has 133,256 inhabitants (64,973 men and 68,283 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population fell by 12.9% (19663 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. Its 2006 population was projected at 120,151 persons.
As a commune, Conchalí is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde was Rubén Malvoa Hernández (RN). The current incumbent is Carlos Sottolichio Urquiza (PPD), who was also mayor from 1992-2000 and 2003-2008. The communal council has the following members:
- Rubén Carvacho Rivera (UDI)
- Cecilia Delgado Delgado (PPD)
- María Guajardo Silva (PS)
- Ricardo Montero Riveros (PC)
- Máximo Pavez Cantillano (UDI)
- Paulina Rodríguez Gómez (RN)
- Alejandra Saa Carrasco (PPD)
- Alejandro Vargas González (DC)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Conchalí is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Karla Rubilar (RN) and Daniel Farcas Guendelman (PPD) as part of the 17th electoral district, (together with Renca and Huechuraba). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Andrés Allamand Zavala (RN) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Conchalí" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "System of Regional Information". Ministry of Planning of Chile. Archived from the original on August 23, 2010. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "The Trajectories of Human Development in the Communes of Chile (1994-2003)" (PDF). Government of Chile, Mideplán (in Spanish). UNDP. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Conchalí.|
- (in Spanish) Municipality of Conchalí