Concepción Chile Temple
The Concepción Chile Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Concepción, Chile. The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 3, 2009, during the church's semi-annual general conference. The temple was announced concurrently with the Brigham City Utah, Fort Lauderdale Florida, Fortaleza Brazil and Sapporo Japan temples; at the time, the announcement brought the total number of temples worldwide to 151. It is the second temple constructed in Chile, along with the Santiago Chile Temple which was dedicated in 1983.
|Concepción Chile Temple|
|Dedicated||28 October 2018 by |
Russell M. Nelson
|Floor area||23,000 sq ft (2,100 m2)|
|Height||124 ft (38 m)|
|Preceded by||Cedar City Utah Temple|
|Followed by||Barranquilla Colombia Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
On October 17, 2015, Walter F. González presided at a groundbreaking to signify beginning of construction. Following construction, a public open house was held from September 15 through October 13, 2018, excluding Sundays. The temple was dedicated on October 28, 2018 by Russell M. Nelson.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Chile
- "Ground Broken for Temples in Chile and the U.S." Newsroom. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 17 October 2015.
- "President Thomas S. Monson: 'Welcome to Conference'", Deseret News, October 3, 2009, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Talor, Scott (October 4, 2009), "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "President Nelson Dedicates Concepción Chile Temple: Latter-day Saint prophet completes South America ministry tour". Newsroom. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 28 October 2017.
- Open House Begins for the Concepción Chile Temple, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 7 September 2018
- Taylor, Scott (2009-10-03). "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples". Deseret News. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Swensen, Jason (17 October 2015). "Ground broken for future temple in Concepcion". Church News.
- "Announcement of Temple Dedication Dates in Chile and Colombia: Second temple in both countries", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2018-02-28
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|