System (disambiguation)(Redirected from Computer system (disambiguation))
|Look up System, system, or systém in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term system may refer to:
In natural sciencesEdit
- Biological system, a complex network of biological entities, for instance, a group of organs
- Ecosystem, an entity comprising a large number of organisms and their environment
- Energy system, an interpretation of the energy sector in system terms
- Planetary system, for instance, the Solar System
- Physical system, that portion of the physical universe chosen for analysis
- Systems science, an interdisciplinary field that studies the nature of complex systems in nature, society, and science
- System (stratigraphy), a unit of the geologic record of a rock column
- Economic system, covering the production and distribution of goods and services
- Linguistic system, a conception of linguistics in the tradition of Ferdinand de Saussure, J. R. Firth, Louis Hjelmslev, Michael Halliday, Ruqaiya Hasan, and Jay Lemke
- Social system, based on the interrelationships between individuals, groups, and institutions
In information technologyEdit
- Computer system, the combination of hardware and software which forms a complete, working computer. Computer systems will include the computer alongside any software (example: operating system, BIOS) and peripheral devices that are necessary to make the computer function.
system, a C process control function in the C Standard Library used to execute subprocesses and commands
- System (typeface), a raster font packaged with Microsoft Windows
- The classic Mac OS versions 1 through 7 were known as "System 1" through "System 7", respectively; hence these OS versions may simply be called (the) System.
- System (music notation), a collection of staves to be played simultaneously
- System (Seal album), a 2007 album by Seal
- "System", a song by Jonathan Davis on his 2007 album Alone I Play
- "System", a song by Labelle on their 2008 album Back to Now
- Danish electronic trio "System", consisting of Anders Remmer, Jesper Skaaning, and Thomas Knak.
- American rock band System of a Down, also known simply as "System".
- System Recordings, New York-based electronic music label founded in 2001
- System, a scientific journal devoted to the applications of educational technology and applied linguistics to problems of foreign language teaching and learning