Computer science and engineering
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) is an academic program at many universities which comprises scientific and engineering aspects of computing. CSE is also a term often used in Europe to translate discipline of informatics.
Academic programs vary between colleges. Courses usually include introduction to programming, introduction to algorithms and data structures, computer architecture, operating systems, computer networks, parallel computing, embedded systems, algorithms design, circuit analysis and electronics, digital logic and processor design, computer graphics, cloud, web and mobile computing, scientific computing, software engineering, database systems, digital signal processing, virtualization, computer simulations and games programming. CSE programs also include core subjects of theoretical computer science such as theory of computation, numerical methods, machine learning, programming theory and paradigms. Modern academic programs also cover emerging computing fields like image processing, data science, robotics, computational biology and artificial intelligence. Most of the above CSE areas require initial mathematical knowledge, hence the first year of study is dominated by mathematical courses, primarily discrete mathematics, mathematical analysis, linear algebra and statistics, as well as the basics of physics - field theory and electromagnetism.
Example universities with CSE majorsEdit
- American University of Beirut
- Santa Clara University
- University of Michigan
- University of Washington
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- University of Nevada
- University of Notre Dame
- "Courses in Computer Science and Engineering | Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering". www.cs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan".
- "Welcome to Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering | Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering". www.cs.washington.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITK".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITB".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITD".
- "Computer Science and Engineering at IITM".
- "Computer Science & Engineering". University of Nevada, Reno. Retrieved 2020-08-22.
- "Department of Computer Science and Engineering". cse.nd.edu. Retrieved 2020-08-22.