Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura
Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura is a 242-bed community-based teaching hospital located in Ventura, California. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. In the most recent year with available data, 38,013 patients visited the emergency department, 13,314 patients were admitted to the hospital, and physicians performed 4,133 inpatient and 7,151 outpatient surgeries.
|Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura|
|Community Memorial Health System|
New hospital building under construction (January 2017)
|Location||147 North Brent Street, Ventura, California, United States|
|Care system||Private, Non-profit|
|Hospital type||Community, Teaching|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
Community Memorial Hospital started as a single hospital in 1901. Today it has grown into an expansive healthcare system with two hospitals and eleven family practice centers serving various communities in the Ventura County area. 
Community Memorial Hospital has begun building a new six-story, 325,000-square-foot (30,200 m2) hospital next to the current location. The new building was scheduled to open in 2015, but is now expected to open in December 2018, and will have 250 private rooms.
Community Memorial Hospital operates a number of residency programs that train newly graduated physicians. Programs include family medicine, internal medicine, and orthopedic surgery, and general surgery residencies.
- "Community Memorial Hospital". US News & World Report. Retrieved April 7, 2012.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Community Memorial Hospital Heliport
- Mildred Ranger Schofield, A Brief History of Eugene P. Foster appended to History of the Ventura County Parks Department Archived 2014-11-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "About - Community Memorial Health System". www.cmhshealth.org. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "CMHS Breaks Ground on New Community Memorial Hospital". Santa Paula Times. October 5, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- Kisken, Tom (Jul 21, 2014) "Construction to make Ventura hospital huge" Ventura County Star
- Kisken, Tom (December 12, 2018). "Seven years after construction began, Community Memorial Hospital prepares to open Sunday". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "Community Memorial Health System: Family Medicine". American Osteopathic Association. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Community Memorial Health System: Internal Medicine". American Osteopathic Association. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Community Memorial Health System: Orthopedic surgery". American Osteopathic Association. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "OPTI-West/Community Memorial Health System – Surgery-General Residency". American Osteopathic Association.