Miller in The Purple Mask (1955)
Colleen Joy Miller
November 10, 1932
Ted Briskin (m. 1955–1975)
(m. 1976; his death 2010)
|Parent(s)||Elias and Lillian Miller|
The daughter of Elias and Lillian Miller, she was born in Yakima, Washington, and raised in Portland, Oregon. Miller attended Lincoln High School in Portland and graduated at age fifteen. In 1949, she was chosen "Miss Portland".
While dancing in Las Vegas, Miller was spotted by a talent agent who signed her to a contract with Howard Hughes for his RKO Pictures company. She was 19 when she made her first film appearance in The Las Vegas Story, starring Jane Russell.
She shared top billing with Rory Calhoun in her next film, a western titled Four Guns to the Border, which co-starred Nina Foch. She then had a leading role in Playgirl as a young Midwestern girl who comes to New York City to be a model and ends up involved in a shooting and a scandal. She then was signed by Universal Pictures, where she co-starred with Tony Curtis in two films, The Purple Mask and The Rawhide Years.
Miller made one more film after 1958, a western titled Gunfight at Comanche Creek opposite Audie Murphy, before retiring from acting. However, she has an uncredited bit part in 1972's Stand Up and Be Counted.
|1952||The Las Vegas Story||Mary||Starred Jane Russell, Victor Mature|
|1953||Man Crazy||Judy Bassett|
|1954||Four Guns to the Border||Lolly Bhumer||co-starred with Rory Calhoun, Walter Brennan|
|1954||Playgirl||Phyllis Matthews||co-starred with Barry Sullivan|
|1955||The Purple Mask||Laurette de Latour||co-starred with Tony Curtis|
|1956||The Rawhide Years||Zoe Fontaine||co-starred with Tony Curtis|
|1957||The Night Runner||Susan Mayes||co-starred with Ray Danton|
|1957||Man in the Shadow||Skippy Renchler||co-starred with Jeff Chandler and Orson Welles|
|1957||Hot Summer Night||Irene Partain||co-starred with Leslie Nielsen|
|1958||Step Down to Terror||Helen Walters||co-starred with Charles Drake and Rod Taylor|
|1963||Gunfight at Comanche Creek||Abbie Stevens||co-starred with Audie Murphy and Ben Cooper|
|1972||Stand Up and Be Counted||Nun||Uncredited|
- Hopper, Hedda (February 20, 1955). "Looking at Hollywood with Hedda Hopper". The Honolulu Advertiser. Hawaii, Honolulu. p. 58. Retrieved October 15, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Korman, Seymour (February 3, 1957). "Lucky Colleen". Chicago Tribune. Illinois, Chicago. p. 123. Retrieved October 15, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "The Private Life and Times of Colleen Miller". Glamour Girls of the Silver Screen. Missing or empty
- Fitzgerald & Magers 2006, p. 173.
- Fitzgerald & Magers 2006, p. 174–5.
- Fitzgerald & Magers 2006, p. 175.