Coline Serreau (born 29 October 1947) is a French actress, film director and writer.
Coline Serreau speaks with Mouvement Colibris in 2012
|Occupation||Actress, film director and writer|
Early life and educationEdit
In 1970 she made her debut as an actress at the Théâtre du Vieux-Colombier.
Serreau wrote her first screenplay in 1973.
Her first film, the documentary film Mais qu'est-ce qu'elles veulent? (1978), literally: But What Is It That They Want?, was a compilation of interviews with women from various backgrounds. The frankness of the statements shocked parts of the public.
Her biggest commercial success was the comedy film Three Men and a Cradle (Trois hommes et un couffin; 1985), for which she received three César Awards in 1986. It was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
In 1986, her first drama for the stage Lapin Lapin (Rabbit Rabbit), directed by Benno Besson, had its world premiere. She collaborated with Besson for several years and he also staged Le théâtre de verdure (1987) and Quisaitout et Grobêta (1993).
- 1974 – On s'est trompé d'histoire d'amour, screenplay and the role of Anne, directed by Jean-Louis Bertucelli
- 1977 – Pourquoi pas !
- 1978 – Mais qu'est ce qu'elles veulent?
- 1979 – Grand-mère de l'Islam
- 1982 – Qu'est-ce qu'on attend pour être heureux !
- 1985 – Three Men and a Cradle (Trois hommes et un couffin)
- 1989 – Mama, There's A Man in Your Bed (Romuald et Juliette), with Daniel Auteuil, Firmine Richard
- 1990 – Three Men and a Little Lady, screenplay
- 1992 – La Crise
- 1996 – La belle Verte
- 2001 – Chaos
- 2003 – 18 ans après
- 2005 – Saint-Jacques… La Mecque
- 2010 – Solutions locales pour un désordre global (documentary film)
- 2014 – Tout est permis (documentary)
- 2014 – Couleur locale
- Colville, G. (1993). "On Coline Serreau's Mais qu'est ce qu'elles veulent? and the Problematics of Feminist Documentary". French Cinema. Nottingham French Studies. Vol. 32. No.1. pp. 84–89.
- "The 58th Academy Awards (1986) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2013-11-10.