Colin Long (ice hockey)
Colin Long (born June 19, 1989) is an American professional ice hockey center who is currently playing for EHC Lustenau of the Alps Hockey League (AlpsHL). He was drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes in the fourth round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, 99th overall.
June 19, 1989|
Santa Ana, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg; 13 st 5 lb)|
San Antonio Rampage
99th overall, 2008|
Long began his major junior career with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL in 2005–06. After a 31-goal, 100-point campaign in his third season with the Rockets in 2007–08, he was named to the WHL East First All-Star Team. In the off-season, he was drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes in the fourth round, 99th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Late in his fourth season with the Rockets, he was named WHL Player of the Week on March 9, 2009, after recording 7 points in 3 games.
Prior to the 2009–10 season, Long turned professional by signing a three-year entry level contract with the Phoenix Coyotes on October 1, 2009. He was then assigned to AHL affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage, recording only four points in 29 games before suffering a season-ending head injury in January.
After three injury affected seasons within the Coyotes organization, Long was not tendered a new contract and signed a one-year deal with Düsseldorfer EG of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga on June 20, 2012. Having not recovered from injury, he became a player-coach for DEG until medically cleared to play.
|2009–10||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||29||2||2||4||10||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Las Vegas Wranglers||ECHL||50||16||21||37||12||5||0||2||2||4|
|2010–11||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||5||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honorsEdit
- "WHL Eastern Conference All-Star Team". WHL. Retrieved July 8, 2008.[dead link]
- "Kelowna Rockets' Colin Long Named WHL Player of the Week". Western Hockey League. 2009-03-09. Archived from the original on May 3, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Coyotes sign Long to entry level contract". Phoenix Coyotes. 2009-10-01. Retrieved 2010-09-13. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Gretzky-generation Californians get noticed at draft". Los Angeles Kings. 2010-06-23. Retrieved 2010-09-13. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Düsseldorfer add NHL draftee to team" (in German). Düsseldorfer EG. 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-06-20. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Düsseldorfer EG staff". eliteprospects.com. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2012-12-03. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: