Coffee Meets Bagel
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Type of site
|Online dating service|
|Created by||Arum Kang, Dawoon Kang, Soo Kang|
|Registration||Required for membership|
|Launched||April 17, 2012|
On January 9, 2015, Coffee Meets Bagel was featured on an episode of Shark Tank. During the episode, Mark Cuban hypothetically asked "If I offered you $30 million for the company, would you take it?". The Coffee Meets Bagel team declined his offer.
It formerly differed from its competitors by limiting the amount of profiles users interact with per day. A user used to be able contact one new person through the site per day, however as of 10/2015 they supply users with 'Boneyard Bagels' of undetermined quantity and using anonymous SMS to link users who indicate interest in each other. Anonymous SMS is no longer employed, and now they have their own messaging system.
Coffee Meets Bagel uses users' Facebook account information to help identify potential matches. People are exposed to at least one match per day, but can only contact their matches if they "Like" them and their matches "Like" them back.
Weekly, Coffee Meets bagel creates over 650 real connections between couples. The website offers the stories of real life matches, and how the app has significantly improved their lives. These stories include Tony & Megan, Alex & Opokua, Nate & Kristin, and lastly Sam & Sags.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "About Us". coffeemeetsbagel.com. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel Turns Online Dating Into A Daily "Deal"". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel Launches in Boston: Finding Love One Day and Person at a Time". bostinno.streetwise.co. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel Looks For Young, Tech Savvy Love With Today's San Francisco Launch". forbes.com. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "How game theory improves dating apps". 1843. 2016-11-07. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel Takes Flash Sales Approach to Online Dating in NY & Boston". xconomy.com. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel Sees 70% User Retention, Brings Dating Service to New Markets". tech.co. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Coffee Meets Bagel: The Online Dating Site That Helps You Weed Out the Creeps". Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- Kang, Dawoon. "Meet singles looking for real relationships". Coffee Meets Bagel. Retrieved 2017-05-04.