Code Name: The Cleaner
Code Name: The Cleaner is a 2007 American action comedy film directed by Les Mayfield and starring Lucy Liu, Cedric the Entertainer, Callum Keith Rennie and Nicollette Sheridan. The film was released by New Line Cinema on January 5, 2007. Upon its release, the film was met with negative reviews by critics, did poorly at the box office. As of 2021, this is Les Mayfield's final directorial effort.
|Code Name: The Cleaner|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Les Mayfield|
|Music by||George S. Clinton|
|Edited by||Michael Matzdorff|
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2014)
Jake Rodgers (Cedric the Entertainer) wakes up near a dead body with no recollection of the previous night. Throughout the day, he makes the assumption that he is a secret agent.
- Lucy Liu as Gina
- Cedric the Entertainer as Jake Rogers
- Nicollette Sheridan as Diane
- Mark Dacascos as Eric Hauck
- Callum Keith Rennie as Shaw
- Niecy Nash as Jacuzzi
- DeRay Davis as Ronnie
- Will Patton as Riley
- Kevin McNulty as Dr. Soames
- Beau Davis as Old Timer
- Bart Anderson as Charlie
- Tom Butler as Crane
- Robert Clarke as The Butler
The film received overwhelmingly negative reviews. Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 4% based on 84 reviews, with an average rating of 3.16/10. The website's critics consensus reads: "Code Name: The Cleaner is a limp action/comedy flick that alternates between lame, worn-out jokes and cheesy martial arts." Metacritic gave the film a score of 33 out of 100, based on 18 reviews, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
The film managed to gross only $10,337,477 worldwide against a $20,000,000 production budget.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner (2007)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved January 3, 2021.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner Reviews". Metacritic. Red Ventures. Retrieved January 3, 2021.
- Code Name: The Cleaner at Box Office Mojo
- "Razzies honor best of the worst". Variety. Associated Press. January 21, 2008. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner DVD Release Date April 24, 2007". DVDs Release Dates.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner – DVD Sales". the-numbers.com. Retrieved October 26, 2010.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Code Name: The Cleaner|