Coal Creek, Boulder County, Colorado
Coal Creek, commonly known as Coal Creek Canyon, is an unincorporated community and a census-designated place (CDP) located in and governed by Jefferson, Boulder, and Gilpin counties, Colorado, United States. The population of the Coal Creek CDP was 2,400 at the United States Census 2010. The Golden post office (Zip code 80403) serves the area.
Coal Creek, Colorado
"Downtown" Coal Creek Canyon.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Type||unincorporated community|
|• Total||9.404 sq mi (24.355 km2)|
|• Land||9.388 sq mi (24.316 km2)|
|• Water||0.015 sq mi (0.039 km2)|
|Elevation||8,753 ft (2,668 m)|
|• Density||256/sq mi (99/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|Area codes||303 & 720|
|GNIS feature||Coal Creek CDP|
The Coal Creek CDP has an area of 6,018 acres (24.355 km2), including 9.6 acres (0.039 km2) of water.
|Source: United States Census Bureau|
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "State of Colorado Census Designated Places - BAS20 - Data as of January 1, 2020". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
- "U.S. Board on Geographic Names: Domestic Names". United States Geological Survey. Retrieved December 17, 2020.
- "Zip Code 80403 Map and Profile". zipdatamaps.com. 2020. Retrieved December 20, 2020.
- "2010: DEC Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 20, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Coal Creek Canyon @ UncoverColorado.com
- Coal Creek Canyon Improvement Association
- Canyon Cares of Coal Creek Canyon
- Coal Creek Canyon Fire Protection District
- Coal Creek Canyon Park and Recreation District
- Coal Creek Canyon Mountain Messenger
- Jefferson County website
- Boulder County website
- Gilpin County website