Club La Tablada
La Tablada Rugby Club is a rugby union and field hockey club based in the city of Córdoba, Argentina. Founded in 1943 as a social institution, La Tablada started its sports activities in the 1950s.
|Full name||Club La Tablada|
|Union||Unión Cordobesa de Rugby|
|Founded||24 July 1943|
|League(s)||Torneo de Córdoba|
First named "El Club de la Parroquia de La Tablada" it was originally a social club founded by members of La Tablada parish in Córdoba. Some members of this club were already playing rugby for Córdoba Athletic and decided to form their own team.
In 1954, Bamba Rugby Club was founded in the Vélez Sarsfield district of Córdoba and played its first game against Córdoba Athletic. After changing locations many times and looking for a place where establish its facilities, Bamba Rugby Club came back to La Tablada social club and the two decided to merge and become La Tablada Rugby Club in 1955.
Since 1955, La Tablada has become one of the most successful teams of cordobés rugby, winning the Torneo de Córdoba title 14 times, apart from 3 Torneo del Interior championships and a Nacional de Clubes title in 1999. La Tablada also takes part in the Torneo Regional, having won a championship in 2003.
La Tablada's main rival is Tala.
In field hockey, the club is affiliated to amateur Córdoba Field Hockey Federation, where its teams compete.
- 2001, 2010, 2011
- Torneo Regional del Centro: 1
- Torneo de Córdoba (lower division): 16
- 1961, 1963, 1965, 1966, 1978, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1994, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2011, 2012
- "Club History" (in Spanish). 21 May 2010. Archived from the original on 25 May 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- "Clubes afiliados", Federación de Hockey de Córdoba website, retrieved 2013-01-04