Clinton College (Tennessee)
- For the defunct college in Clinton, Kentucky, see Clinton College (Kentucky).
Clinton College was a college in New Middleton, Smith County, Tennessee. The original Porter's Hill Academy was formed in 1830 and then reorganized as Clinton College in 1833–1834. Its main teacher was Francis Haynes Gordon. The school had failed by February 1842.
- Tennessee colleges that have closed, merged, changed names. Compiled by Ray Brown, Westminster College. Retrieved: 19 January 2015.
- Goodspeed's History of Smith County, Tennessee Archived 2010-09-23 at the Wayback Machine., 1887. Transcribed for the web by Timothy R. Meador, Jr. Retrieved: 18 February 2013.
- James X. Corgan, "Francis Haynes Gordon," The Tennessee Encyclopedia of History and Culture, Tennessee Historical Society, Nashville, Tennessee, 1998.
- Timeline of Smith County History. Retrieved via Web Archive: 18 February 2013.
|This article about a university or college in Tennessee is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|