Clinton Darryl "Clint" Mansell (//; born 7 January 1963) is an English musician, composer, and former lead singer of the band Pop Will Eat Itself. He has written film scores for several films and television episodes.
Mansell with the Sonus Quartet, playing in Union Chapel, London, 20 July 2009
|Birth name||Clinton Darryl Mansell|
|Born||7 January 1963|
|Genres||Film score, alternative rock, electronic, industrial rock, classical|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, film score composer|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, guitar, bass|
|Associated acts||Pop Will Eat Itself|
Mansell was the lead singer and guitarist of Pop Will Eat Itself. When PWEI signed to Nothing Records, Mansell became friends with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails and performed backing vocals on the band's 1999 album The Fragile.
Mansell started composing film soundtracks when director Darren Aronofsky hired him to score his debut film, Pi, in 1996. He also wrote the score for Aronofsky's next film, Requiem for a Dream, which became a cult hit. The film's primary composition "Lux Aeterna" was popular, appearing in adverts, film trailers and YouTube videos labelled as Epic Music. Mansell has composed the music to every subsequent Aronofsky film.
The trailer for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers used an orchestral and choral arrangement of "Lux Aeterna",  called "Requiem for a Tower". This orchestration was arranged by Simone Benyacar, Dan Nielsen and Veigar Margeirsson.
The original "Lux Aeterna" and "Requiem for a Tower" arrangements have been used in advertisements for the Red Sox–Yankees, Zathura: A Space Adventure, The Da Vinci Code, Sunshine, Babylon A.D. , Lost, Top Gear, Soccer Saturday, EuroSport LIVE, and America's Got Talent.
Awards and nominationsEdit
- Clint Mansell: Aronofsky, Reznor and Me, Part One
- Pete Paphides Clint Mansell: pop ate itself, and out popped Hollywood The Times Retrieved 14 May 2010
- Requiem for a Dream – Clint Mansell AllMusic Retrieved 31 January 2011
- "Requiem for a Tower Dream by Various Artists on Apple Music". Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- The Da Vinci Code Trailer Retrieved 31 January 2011
- Sundance 2009 Composers – Clint Mansell BMI Retrieved 31 January 2011
- Bray, Elisa (28 January 2011) Duo Darren Aronofsky and Clint Mansell score on pointes The Independent Retrieved 31 January 2011
- "Streama Film - Allt Om Laglig Streaming TV & Film Online". Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- IGN (27 January 2012). "Exclusive Aliens: Colonial Marines Cinematic Trailer". Retrieved 30 November 2016 – via YouTube.