Clint Eastwood filmography
Clint Eastwood is an American film actor, director, producer, and composer. After beginning his acting career exclusively with small uncredited film roles and television appearances, his career has spanned more than 50 years. Eastwood has acted in several television series, most notably Rawhide. His role in the eight-season series led to his leading roles in A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Eastwood has appeared in over 50 films and has starred in 42 films, including Hang 'Em High, Play Misty for Me, Dirty Harry, Escape from Alcatraz, Tightrope, The Bridges of Madison County, and Gran Torino. Eastwood started directing in 1971, and in 1982, his debut as a producer began with two films, Firefox and Honkytonk Man. Eastwood also has contributed music to his films, either through performing or composing. He has starred in western, action, comedy, and drama films.
Eastwood has been a primary character in two film franchises: as the Man with No Name in the Dollars Trilogy and as Harry Callahan in the Dirty Harry series. Other notable roles include Josey Wales in The Outlaw Josey Wales, the Stranger in High Plains Drifter, Philo Beddoe in Every Which Way but Loose and its sequel Any Which Way You Can, Preacher in Pale Rider, William Munny in Unforgiven, Frankie Dunn in Million Dollar Baby and Walt Kowalski in Gran Torino.
Eastwood has received multiple awards and nominations for his work in the films Unforgiven, Mystic River, and Million Dollar Baby, among others. These awards include Academy Awards, Directors Guild of America Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and People's Choice Awards. According to Box Office Mojo, a box office-revenue tracking website, films that Eastwood has acted in or directed have grossed a total of more than $2.7 billion. American Sniper was released on January 16, 2015. The film had the biggest opening weekend ever for a film released in the month of January and was also the biggest opening ever for an Eastwood film.
|1955||Revenge of the Creature||Lab Technician Jennings||Uncredited|
|Francis in the Navy||Jonesy|
|Lady Godiva of Coventry||First Saxon||Uncredited|
|Tarantula||Jet Squadron Leader|
|1956||Never Say Goodbye||Will|
|Star in the Dust||Tom|
|Away All Boats||Marine Medic|
|The First Traveling Saleslady||Lt. Jack Rice|
|1957||Escapade in Japan||Dumbo Pilot||Uncredited|
|1958||Lafayette Escadrille||George Moseley|
|Ambush at Cimarron Pass||Keith Williams|
|1964||A Fistful of Dollars||Joe|
|1965||For a Few Dollars More||Manco|
|1966||The Good, the Bad and the Ugly||Blondie|
|1968||Hang 'Em High||Jed Cooper|
|Coogan's Bluff||Walt Coogan|
|Where Eagles Dare||Lt. Schaffer|
|1969||Paint Your Wagon||Pardner|
|1970||Two Mules for Sister Sara||Hogan|
|Kelly's Heroes||Pvt. Kelly|
|1971||The Beguiled||John McBurney|
|Dirty Harry||Harry Callahan|
|Play Misty for Me||David Garver|
|1972||Joe Kidd||Joe Kidd|
|1973||High Plains Drifter||The Stranger|
|Breezy||Man in Crowd on Pier||Uncredited; Cameo role|
|Magnum Force||Harry Callahan|
|1974||Thunderbolt and Lightfoot||John 'Thunderbolt' Doherty|
|1975||The Eiger Sanction||Jonathan Hemlock|
|1976||The Outlaw Josey Wales||Josey Wales|
|The Enforcer||Harry Callahan|
|1977||The Gauntlet||Ben Shockley|
|1978||Every Which Way but Loose||Philo Beddoe|
|1979||Escape from Alcatraz||Frank Morris|
|1980||Bronco Billy||Bronco Billy McCoy|
|Any Which Way You Can||Philo Beddoe|
|Honkytonk Man||Red Stovall|
|1983||Sudden Impact||Harry Callahan|
|City Heat||Lt. Speer|
|1986||Heartbreak Ridge||Gunnery Sgt. Thomas 'Gunny' Highway|
|1988||The Dead Pool||Harry Callahan|
|1989||Pink Cadillac||Tommy Nowak|
|1990||White Hunter Black Heart||John Wilson|
|The Rookie||Nick Pulovski|
|1992||Unforgiven||William 'Will' Munny|
|1993||In the Line of Fire||Secret Service Agent Frank Horrigan|
|A Perfect World||Texas Ranger Red Garnett|
|1995||The Bridges of Madison County||Robert Kincaid|
|Casper||Himself||Uncredited; Cameo role|
|1997||Absolute Power||Luther Whitney|
|1999||True Crime||Steve Everett|
|2000||Space Cowboys||Frank Corvin|
|2002||Blood Work||Terry McCaleb|
|2004||Million Dollar Baby||Frankie Dunn|
|2008||Gran Torino||Walt Kowalski|
|2012||Trouble with the Curve||Gus Lobel|
|2014||American Sniper||Church Goer||Uncredited cameo|
|2018||The Mule||Earl Stone|
|2018||Sad Hill Unearthed|
|1969||Paint Your Wagon||Yes||No||No|
|Any Which Way You Can||Yes||No||No|
|1993||A Perfect World||No||Yes||No|
|1995||The Bridges of Madison County||No||Yes||No|
|2006||Flags of Our Fathers||No||No||Yes|
|2007||Grace Is Gone||No||No||Yes|
At the early stages of his acting career, Eastwood played several small roles in episodes for several television shows. This list includes appearances in various episodes of fictional shows, and excludes appearances as himself on talk shows, interview shows, ceremonies, and other related media.
|1985||Amazing Stories||Yes||No||Episode: "Vanessa in the Garden"|
|2003||The Blues||Yes||No||Episode: "Piano Blues"|
|2009||Johnny Mercer: The Dream's On Me||No||Yes|
|1955||Allen in Movieland||Orderly||TV film|
|Highway Patrol||Joe Keeley||Episode: "Motorcycle A"|
|1956||Death Valley Days||John Lucas||6 episodes|
|1957||The West Point Story||Episode: "White Fury"|
|1958||Navy Log||Burns||Eepisode: "The Lonely Watch"|
|1959||Maverick||Red Hardigan||Episode: "Duel at Sundown"|
|1959–1965||Rawhide||Rowdy Yates||217 episodes|
|1962||Mister Ed||Himself||Episode: "Clint Eastwood Meets Mister Ed"|
|2009||Johnny Mercer: The Dream's On Me||Himself|
- Eliot, Marc (2009). American Rebel: The Life of Clint Eastwood. New York: Harmony Books. pp. 349–59. ISBN 978-0-307-33688-0.
- Gallafent, Edward (1994). Clint Eastwood. New York: Continuum. pp. 238–51. ISBN 0-8264-0665-3.
- Hughes, Howard (2009). Aim for the Heart. London: I.B. Tauris. pp. 215–235. ISBN 978-1-84511-902-7.
- Clint Eastwood filmography at Metacritic (average career score: 68)
- Clint Eastwood filmography at Rotten Tomatoes
- Clint Eastwood filmography at AllMovie
- "Clint Eastwood Filmography". The New York Times. Retrieved March 9, 2009.
- "Clint Eastwood Filmography". Tiscali. Retrieved March 9, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Clint Eastwood > Filmography". Yahoo! Movies. Archived from the original on January 12, 2009. Retrieved March 9, 2009.
- "Success of movie cowboy Eastwood". BBC News. October 9, 2003. Archived from the original on August 4, 2010. Retrieved March 16, 2009.
- Sterritt, David (October 10, 2003). "Play 'Mystic' for me". The Christian Science Monitor. Archived from the original on August 4, 2010. Retrieved March 9, 2009.
- Leung, Rebecca (February 6, 2005). "Two Sides Of Clint Eastwood". CBS News. Archived from the original on August 4, 2010. Retrieved March 9, 2009.
- "Clint Eastwood". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Simon, Alissa (May 13, 2011). "Kurosawa's Way". Variety. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- Rodríguez Pontevedra, Silvia (19 October 2018). "Cuando el Ejército de Franco construyó el cementerio de 'El bueno, el feo y el malo'". El País (in Spanish). Santaigo de Compostela: Prisa. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "I Dream for a Living". Time. July 15, 1985. p. 4. Archived from the original on August 4, 2010. Retrieved March 16, 2009.
- Dunkley, Cathy (April 15, 2002). "Eastwood gets the 'Blues'" (Registration required). Variety. Retrieved March 16, 2009.
- "Johnny Mercer: The Dream's On Me". Turner Classic Movies. 2009. Retrieved November 5, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Move 'Em on head 'Em up" (Registration required). Bristol Evening Post. September 12, 2006. Retrieved March 9, 2009.