Clayton Hall tram stop
Clayton Hall in the Clayton area of Manchester, England, is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Transport for Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. The station opened on 11 February 2013, after a three-day free trial for local residents. The station was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion.
Clayton Hall tram stop in 2013.
Location of Clayton Hall in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)|
11 February 2013 (full)
Services are mostly every 12 minutes on all routes.
Connecting bus routesEdit
Clayton Hall is served by buses stopping nearby on Ashton New Road. Stagecoach Manchester services 216 and 231 both run between Manchester and Ashton with the 216 replicating the tram route to Droylsden before continuing via Audenshaw, while the 231 runs via Littlemoss and Smallshaw. The 231 is also operated by First Greater Manchester during the evening. Stagecoach's 171 service runs between Newton Heath and East Didsbury via Openshaw, Gorton and Levenshulme, while M Travel's 188 service also runs via Openshaw and Gorton on its route between Manchester and Ryder Brow.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Archived from the original on 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden's new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Metrolink - Clayton Hall station" (PDF). Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clayton Hall Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||