List of general authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The following individuals are the current general authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Individual hierarchical positions and some of current specialized assignments in the church, if any, are listed.
|Name||Hierarchical position||Ordained||Age||Tithe[a]||CES Board[b]|
|Russell M. Nelson||Church President||1984-04-07
|Dallin H. Oaks||First Counselor in the First Presidency
President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
|1984-05-03||90.3||Member||First Vice Chairman|
|Henry B. Eyring||Second Counselor in the First Presidency||1995-04-06||89.5||Member||Second Vice Chairman|
- a Council on the Disposition of the Tithes
- b Boards of Trustees/Education of the Church Educational System
Quorum of the Twelve ApostlesEdit
|Not shown: Gary E. Stevenson|
|Name||Hierarchical position||Ordained||Age||Tithe[a]||CES Board[b]||Area [c]||Other assignments [d]|
|M. Russell Ballard||Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||1985-10-10||94.2||Member|
|Jeffrey R. Holland||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||1994-06-23||82||Member||Board Member.
Chairman, Executive Committee
|Dieter F. Uchtdorf||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2004-10-07||82.1||Member||Europe & Europe East||Chairman, Priesthood and Family Executive Council|
Chair, Correlation Executive Council
|David A. Bednar||Quorum of the Twelve Apostle||2004-10-07||70.4||Member||Middle East/Africa North||Chair, Temple and Family History Executive Council|
|Quentin L. Cook||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2007-10-11||82.3||Member||North America West||Chair, Missionary Executive Council|
|D. Todd Christofferson||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2008-04-10||77.8||Member||Board Member
Member, Executive Committee
|Neil L. Andersen||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2009-04-09||71.3||Member||Pacific & Philippines||Member, Missionary Executive Council|
Apostolic Adviser, Church History Department
|Ronald A. Rasband||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2015-10-08||71.8||Member||Chairman, Church Public Affairs Committee|
Chairman, Church Hymnbook and Children's Songbook Revision Committee
|Gary E. Stevenson||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2015-10-08||67.3||Member||Pacific|
|Dale G. Renlund||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2015-10-08||70||Member||Caribbean & South America Northwest||Member, Priesthood and Family Executive Council|
|Gerrit W. Gong||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2018-04-05||68.9||Member||Asia & Asia North||Member, Temple and Family History Executive Council|
Chairman, Church Scriptures Committee
Member, Leadership and Training Committee;
Member, Outreach Committee
Apostolic Adviser, Churh History Department
|Ulisses Soares||Quorum of the Twelve Apostles||2018-04-05||64.2||Member||Africa West & Central America|
- a Council on the Disposition of the Tithes
- b Boards of Trustees/Education of the Church Educational System
- c Area assignment
- d Other assignments, where known (including committees, councils, or in any other capacity).
|Name||Hierarchical position||Age||Years served as General Authority[a]||Years served in Presiding Bishopric[b]||Years served in current assignment[c]||Tithe[d]||Other assignments[e]|
|Gérald Caussé||Presiding Bishop||59.5||14.7||10.7||7.1||Member||Member, Church Board of Education/Boards of Trustees|
|W. Christopher Waddell||First Counselor, Presiding Bishopric||63.4||11.7||7.1||2.2||Member||Member, Temple and Family History Executive Council|
|L. Todd Budge||Second Counselor, Presiding Bishopric||62.9||3.7||2.2||2.2||Member||Member, Missionary Executive Council|
- a Total years as General Authority
- b Total years in Presiding Bishopric
- c Total years served in current Presiding Bishopric
- d Council on the Disposition of the Tithes
- e Other assignments (where known)
Presidency of the SeventyEdit
|CES Board[c]||Other assignments[d]|
|Patrick Kearon||Senior President,
2020-08-01 (Senior President)
|61.3||12.7||5.3||Middle East/Africa North Area (assisting David A. Bednar)|
Utah Area (assisting Ronald A. Rasband)
|Carl B. Cook||Presidency||
|José A. Teixeira||Presidency||
|Carlos A. Godoy||Presidency||
|61.8||14.7||4.3||Brazil, South America South, and Utah Areas|
|Brent H. Nielson||Presidency||
|68||13.7||2.3||North America West Area (assisting Quentin L. Cook)|
Caribbean and South America Northwest Areas (assisting Dale G. Renlund)
Pacific Area (assisting Gary E. Stevenson)
|Paul V. Johnson||Presidency||
Member, Executive Committee of the Boards
|S. Mark Palmer||Presidency||
- a Date called to be a seventy and the date called as a member of the Presidency of the Seventy
- b Years served as a general authority seventy
- d Boards of Trustees/Education of the Church Educational System
- e Other assignments, where known
General Authority SeventiesEdit
Those listed in this section are members of the First or Second Quorum of the Seventy. While each is assigned to a specific quorum, that affiliation is no longer being made public, with all General Authority Seventies being referred to with that generic designation.
|Marcos A. Aidukaitis||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||63.3||14.7||First Counselor, Africa South Area|
|Rubén V. Alliaud||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||56.9||3.7||Second Counselor, Europe Central Area|
|José L. Alonso||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||64||11.7||First Counselor, North America Southwest Area|
|Jorge M. Alvarado||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||52||3.7||First Counselor, Caribbean Area|
|Ian S. Ardern||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||68.8||11.7||Second Counselor, Africa Central Area|
|Steven R. Bangerter||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||61.3||4.7||President, Philippines Area|
|W. Mark Bassett||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||56.3||6.7||First Counselor, North America Northeast Area|
|David S. Baxter||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01*||67.8||16.7|
|Jorge T. Becerra||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||59.9||2.7||First Counselor, South America Northwest Area|
|Randall K. Bennett||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||67.4||11.7||Second Counselor, North America Central Area|
Editor, Liahona, For the Strength of Youth, The Friend magazines.
|Hans T. Boom||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||59.3||3.7||President, Europe North Area|
|Shayne M. Bowen||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01*||68.3||16.7||Second Counselor, North America Southeast Area|
|Mark A. Bragg||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||60.6||6.7||President, North America West Area|
|Matthew L. Carpenter||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||63.1||4.7||President, Africa Central Area|
|Yoon Hwan Choi||General Authority Seventy||2009-04-04*||65.5||13.7||First Counselor, Philippines Area|
|Craig C. Christensen||General Authority Seventy||2002-10-05||66.7||20.2||President, South America South Area|
|Valeri V. Cordon||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||53.8||6.7||First Counselor, North America West Area|
|Joaquin E. Costa||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||57.8||6.7||First Counselor, South America South Area|
|Massimo De Feo||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||61.9||6.7||President, Europe Central Area|
|Benjamín De Hoyos||General Authority Seventy||2005-04-02*||69.8||17.7|
|Sean Douglas||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||58.6||1.7||Second Counselor, Mexico Area|
|Edward Dube||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||60.5||9.7||President, Africa South Area|
|Kevin R. Duncan||General Authority Seventy||2010-04-03*||62.2||12.7||Executive Director, Temple Department|
|Michael A. Dunn||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||64.8||1.7||Second Counselor, North America Southwest Area|
|Mark D. Eddy||General Authority Seventy||2022-04-02||49.7||0.7|
|Eduardo Gavarret||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||66.5||14.7||President, Caribbean Area|
|Jack N. Gerard||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||64.9||4.7||Executive Director, Church Public Affairs Committee|
|Clark G. Gilbert||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||52.4||1.7||Commissioner, Church Educational System|
|Ricardo P. Giménez||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||51||3.7||Assistant Editor, Liahona, For the Strength of Youth, The Friend magazines.|
|Patricio M. Giuffra||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||60.7||1.7||Second Counselor, Central America Area|
|Taylor G. Godoy||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||54.3||5.7||First Counselor, Central America Area|
|Brook P. Hales||General Authority Seventy||2018-05-17||66.7||4.5||Secretary to the First Presidency|
|Kevin S. Hamilton||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||67.7||9.7|
|Allen D. Haynie||General Authority Seventy||2015-04-04||64.3||7.7||President, North America Northeast Area|
|Mathias Held||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||62.5||4.7|
|Matthew S. Holland||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||56.5||2.7||First Counselor, North America Southeast Area|
|David P. Homer||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||61.6||4.7||President, Asia Area|
|William K. Jackson||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||66.7||2.7||Assistant Executive Director, Missionary Department|
|Jeremy R. Jaggi||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||49.7||2.7|
|Kelly R. Johnson||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||59.8||2.7||Second Counselor, Asia Area|
|Peter M. Johnson||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||56||3.7|
|Jörg Klebingat||General Authority Seventy||2014-04-05||54.9||8.7||First Counselor, Africa West Area|
|Joni L. Koch||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||60.7||5.7||First Counselor, Brazil Area|
|Erich W. Kopischke||General Authority Seventy||2007-03-31||66.1||15.7||First Counselor, Europe Central Area|
|Alfred Kyungu||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||56.1||1.7||Second Counselor, Africa West Area|
|Hugo E. Martinez||General Authority Seventy||2014-04-05||65.9||8.7||Second Counselor, Utah Area|
|James W. McConkie III||General Authority Seventy||2022-04-02||51.3||0.7|
|John A. McCune||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||59.4||3.7||Second Counselor, Asia North Area|
|Kyle S. McKay||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||62.8||4.7||Church Historian and Recorder|
Executive Director, Church History Department
Member, Church Music Revision Committee
|Alvin F. Meredith III||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||52.3||1.7||First Counselor, Middle East/Africa North Area|
|Peter F. Meurs||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||65.9||6.7||First Counselor, Pacific Area|
|Hugo Montoya||General Authority Seventy||2015-04-04||62.7||7.7||President, Mexico Area|
|Isaac K. Morrison||General Authority Seventy||2022-04-02||45||0.7|
|Thierry K. Mutombo||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||46.8||2.7||First Counselor, Africa Central Area|
|Marcus B. Nash||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01*||65.7||16.7|
|K. Brett Nattress||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||57.8||6.7||President, Pacific Area|
|S. Gifford Nielsen||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||68.1||9.7||President, Africa West Area|
|Adrian Ochoa||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||68.8||9.7||First Counselor, Mexico Area|
|Adeyinka A. Ojediran||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||55.7||2.7|
|Ryan K. Olsen||General Authority Seventy||2022-04-02||48.1||0.7|
|Adilson de Paula Parrella||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||60.1||5.7||President, Brazil Area|
|Kevin W. Pearson||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||65.6||14.7||President, Utah Area|
|Anthony D. Perkins||General Authority Seventy||2006-04-01||62.3||16.7||President, Middle East/Africa North Area|
|Paul B. Pieper||General Authority Seventy||2005-04-02||65.2||17.7||President, North America Southwest Area|
|John C. Pingree Jr.||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||56.3||5.7|
|Rafael E. Pino||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||67.1||14.7||Second Counselor, South America Northhwest Area|
|James R. Rasband||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||59.7||3.7||Second Counselor, Asia North Area|
|Carlos G. Revillo Jr.||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||57.1||1.7||Second Counselor, Philippines Area|
|Michael T. Ringwood||General Authority Seventy||2009-04-04||64.7||13.7||Executive Director, Priesthood and Family DepartmentAdviser, Friend, Liahona, For the Strength of Youth magazines.|
Member, Church Board of Education
|Gary B. Sabin||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||68.7||6.7||Second Counselor, North America West Area|
|Ciro Schmeil||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04||51.6||2.7||President, Florida Orlando Mission|
|Jonathan S. Schmitt||General Authority Seventy||2022-04-02||49.6||0.7|
|Evan A. Schmutz||General Authority Seventy||2016-04-02||68.6||6.7||First Counselor, Utah Area|
|Vai Sikahema||General Authority Seventy||2021-04-03||60.3||1.7||Second Counselor, North America Northeast Area|
|Denelson Silva||General Authority Seventy||2022-04-02||57.4||0.7||Second Counselor, Africa South Area|
|Vern P. Stanfill||General Authority Seventy||2015-04-04||65.3||7.7||President, North Americla Southeast Area|
|Benjamin M. Z. Tai||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||50.5||3.7||First Counselor, Asia Area|
|Brian K. Taylor||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||58.7||5.7||President, Central America Area|
|Michael John U. Teh||General Authority Seventy||2007-03-31||57.4||15.7|
|Juan A. Uceda||General Authority Seventy||2010-04-03||69.3||12.7||Second Counselor, Brazil Area|
|Arnulfo Valenzuela||General Authority Seventy||2013-04-06||63.6||9.7||First Counselor, North America Central Area|
|Moisés Villanueva||General Authority Seventy||2020-04-04*||55.9||2.7||Second Counselor, Caribbean Area|
|Juan Pablo Villar||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||53.2||4.7||President, Spain Barcelona Mission|
|Takashi Wada||General Authority Seventy||2018-03-31||57.8||4.7||President, Asia North Area|
|Taniela B. Wakolo||General Authority Seventy||2017-04-01||55.4||5.7||Second Counselor, Pacific Area|
|Alan R. Walker||General Authority Seventy||2019-04-06||51.9||3.7||Second Counselor, South America South Area|
|Scott D. Whiting||General Authority Seventy||2012-03-31||61.7||10.7||First Counselor, Europe North Area|
|Chi Hong (Sam) Wong||General Authority Seventy||2014-04-05||60.5||8.7||President, North America Central Area|
|Kazuhiko Yamashita||General Authority Seventy||2011-04-02||69.2||11.7|
|Jorge F. Zeballos||General Authority Seventy||2008-04-05||67.3||14.7||President, South America Northwest Area|
- a1 a2 Date first sustained to First or Second Quorum of Seventy or called to be General Authority Seventies (where Quorum affiliation is not known). Dates taken from lds.org.
Those marked with * were Area Seventies prior to call as General Authorities.
- b1 Current assignments.
Emeritus General Authorities are General Authorities who have been released from their positions in the hierarchy. They remain General Authorities until their deaths. All current emeritus General Authorities are former members of the First and Second Quorums of the Seventies or of the Presiding Bishopric.
"The very rapid growth of the Church across the world, with the attendant increase in travel and responsibility, has made it necessary to consider a change in the status for some of the Brethren of the General Authorities. Some of our associates have served for many years with complete and unselfish dedication, and they deserve every honor and recognition for such devoted service. It is felt advisable at this time to reduce somewhat the load of responsibility that they carry.
"After a long period of prayerful consideration and counsel, extending, indeed, over several years, we announce a new and specific status to be given from time to time to Brethren of our associates in the General Authorities. We announce that some Brethren have been designated as emeritus members of the First Quorum of the Seventy. These Brethren are not being released but will be excused from active service. It is out of consideration for the personal well-being of the individuals, and with deep appreciation for their devoted service, that this designation will be given from time to time to designated members of the General Authorities."
|Name||Called [a]||Emeritus [b]||Age||Years as
|Carlos H. Amado||1989-04-01||2014-10-04||78.2||25.5||8.2|
|Wilford W. Andersen||2009-04-04||2019-10-05||73.3||10.5||3.2|
|Mervyn B. Arnold||2003-04-05||2018-10-06||74.3||15.5||4.2|
|Ben B. Banks||1989-04-01||2002-10-05||90.7||13.5||20.2|
|Merrill J. Bateman||1992-06-06||2007-10-06||86.4||15.3||15.2|
|H. David Burton||1992-10-03||2012-03-31||84.6||19.5||10.7|
|Craig A. Cardon||2006-04-01||2018-10-06||73.9||12.5||4.2|
|Bruce A. Carlson||2009-04-04||2015-10-03||73.2||6.5||7.2|
|John K. Carmack||1984-04-07||2001-10-06||91.5||17.5||21.2|
|Sheldon F. Child||1996-04-06||2008-10-04||84.6||12.5||14.2|
|Kim B. Clark||2015-04-04||2019-10-05||73.7||4.5||3.2|
|Don R. Clarke||2006-04-01||2015-10-03||76.9||9.5||7.2|
|L. Whitney Clayton||2001-03-31||2020-10-03||72.8||19.5||2.2|
|Weatherford T. Clayton||2016-04-02||2022-10-01||70.8||6.5||0.2|
|Gary J. Coleman||1992-06-06||2011-10-01||81.2||19||11.2|
|Spencer J. Condie||1989-04-01||2010-10-02||82.3||21.5||12.2|
|Gene R. Cook||1975-10-03||2007-10-06||82.3||32||15.2|
|Lawrence E. Corbridge||2008-04-05||2019-10-05||73.7||11.5||3.2|
|J. Devn Cornish||2011-04-02||2019-10-05||71.6||10.5||1.2|
|Claudio R. M. Costa||1994-04-02||2019-10-05||73.7||25.5||3.2|
|LeGrand R. Curtis Jr.||2011-04-02||2022-10-01||70.3||11.5||0.2|
|Robert K. Dellenbach||1990-03-31||2007-10-06||85.5||17.5||15.2|
|John B. Dickson||1992-10-03||2013-10-05||79.3||21||9.2|
|Timothy J. Dyches||2013-04-06||2021-10-02||71.8||8.5||1.2|
|Larry J. Echo Hawk||2012-03-31||2018-10-06||74.3||6.5||4.2|
|Richard C. Edgley||1992-10-03||2012-03-31||86.8||19.5||10.7|
|Stanley G. Ellis||2006-04-01||2017-09-30||75.8||11.5||5.2|
|David F. Evans||2005-04-02||2021-10-02||71.3||16.5||1.2|
|Enrique R. Falabella||2007-03-31||2020-10-03||72.5||13.5||2.2|
|Bradley D. Foster||2009-04-04||2019-10-05||73.8||10.5||3.2|
|Randy D. Funk||2013-04-06||2022-10-01||70.3||9.5||0.2|
|Robert C. Gay||2012-03-31||2021-10-02||71.3||9.5||1.2|
|Christoffel Golden Jr.||2001-03-31||2022-10-01||70.5||21.5||0.2|
|Walter F. González||2001-03-31||2022-10-01||70.1||21.5||0.2|
|John H. Groberg||1976-04-03||2005-10-01||88.4||29.5||17.2|
|C. Scott Grow||2005-04-02||2018-10-06||74.6||13.5||4.2|
|Bruce C. Hafen||1996-04-06||2010-10-02||82.1||14.5||12.2|
|O. Vincent Haleck||2011-04-02||2019-10-05||73.8||8.5||3.2|
|Donald L. Hallstrom||2000-04-01||2019-10-05||73.3||19.5||3.2|
|F. Melvin Hammond||1989-04-01||2005-10-01||88.9||16.5||17.2|
|Richard G. Hinckley||2005-04-02||2011-10-01||81.6||6.5||11.2|
|F. Burton Howard||1978-09-30||2005-10-01||89.7||27||17.2|
|Jay E. Jensen||1992-06-06||2012-10-06||80.8||20.3||10.2|
|Marlin K. Jensen||1989-04-01||2012-10-06||80.5||23.5||10.2|
|Daniel L. Johnson||2006-04-01||2016-10-01||75.9||10.5||6.2|
|Larry S. Kacher||2014-04-05||2022-10-01||70.8||8.5||0.2|
|W. Rolfe Kerr||1996-04-06||2007-10-06||87.4||11.5||15.2|
|Paul E. Koelliker||2005-04-02||2013-10-05||79.7||8.5||9.2|
|Larry R. Lawrence||2010-04-03||2017-09-30||75.3||7.5||5.2|
|John M. Madsen||1992-06-06||2009-10-03||83.6||17.3||13.2|
|James B. Martino||2009-04-04*||2021-10-02||71.7||12.5||1.2|
|Richard J. Maynes||1997-04-05||2020-10-03||72.1||23.5||2.2|
|Keith B. McMullin||1995-12-27||2012-03-31||81.3||16.3||10.7|
|Lynn A. Mickelsen||1990-03-31||2009-10-03||87.3||19.5||13.2|
|Dennis B. Neuenschwander||1991-04-06||2009-10-03||83.2||18.5||13.2|
|Allan F. Packer||2008-04-05||2018-10-06||74.4||10.5||4.2|
|Carl B. Pratt||1997-04-05||2011-10-01||81.2||14.5||11.2|
|Kent F. Richards||2009-04-04||2016-10-01||76.8||7.5||6.2|
|Lynn G. Robbins||1997-04-05||2022-10-01||70.1||25.5||0.2|
|Cecil O. Samuelson Jr.||1994-10-01||2011-10-01||81.3||17||11.2|
|Gregory A. Schwitzer||2009-04-04||2018-10-06||74.7||9.5||4.2|
|Joseph W. Sitati||2009-04-04||2022-10-01||70.5||13.5||0.2|
|Steven E. Snow||2001-03-31||2019-10-05||73||18.5||3.2|
|Earl C. Tingey||1990-12-05||2008-10-04||88.4||17.8||14.2|
|Francisco J. Viñas||1996-04-06||2016-10-01||75.9||20.5||6.2|
|Terence M. Vinson||2013-04-06||2021-10-02||71.7||8.5||1.2|
|William R. Walker||2002-04-06||2014-10-04||78.5||12.5||8.2|
|F. Michael Watson||2008-04-05||2013-10-05||79.7||5.5||9.2|
|Robert E. Wells||1976-10-01||1997-10-04||94.9||21||25.2|
|Lance B. Wickman||1994-04-02||2010-10-02||82||16.5||12.2|
|Larry Y. Wilson||2011-04-02||2019-10-05||72.9||8.5||3.2|
|Claudio D. Zivic||2007-03-31||2018-10-06||73.9||11.5||4.2|
|W. Craig Zwick||1995-04-01||2017-09-30||75.4||22.5||5.2|
- This is the date Nelson was ordained and set apart as church president, per this source
- Oaks was set apart to serve in both of these capacities on 14 January 2018. Because he also serves in the First Presidency, M. Russell Ballard is the Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Eyring previously served in the First Presidency as Second Counselor to Gordon B. Hinckley from October 2007 to January 2008, and as First Counselor to Thomas S. Monson from February 2008 to January 2018.
- Because quorum president Dallin H. Oaks is serving in the First Presidency, Ballard was set apart to this position on 14 January 2018.
- Church Educational System: Administration: Board Members, churchofjesuschrist.org, Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- Uchtdorf served from February 2008 to January 2018 as Second Counselor in the First Presidency to Thomas S. Monson.
- Major Assignments Announced for Elder Uchtdorf, ‘'Mormon Newsroom'’, 22 January 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018
- Jesus Christ Visits Ancient Inhabitants of the Americas in Season 4 of the ‘Book of Mormon Videos’ Series, Newsroom, churchofjesuschrist.org, 26 July 2021. Retrieved 31 July 2021.
- Elder Patrick Kearon, ‘'General Church Leadership: Presidency of the Seenty'’, churchofjesuschrist.org. Retrieved 26 August 2022.
- Stunning new photos of the Rome Italy Temple capture the interior for the first time, Church News, 14 January 2019. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- The associated reference erroneously states Bednar's title as chairman of the Temple and Family History Department, but the church's Temple and Family History departments are separate and distinct. The governing council, chaired by Bednar, oversees both separate departments, so the correct title is shown here.
- Brent H. Nielson, ‘'General Church Leadership: Presidency of the Seenty'’, churchofjesuschrist.org. Retrieved 26 August 2022.
- This Instagram post, published on Cook's page by Cook himself, states specifically he now chairs the Missionary Executive Council.
- Elder Juan A. Uceda, ‘'General Authorities and General Officers'’, lds.org. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- New Mission Leaders Relish Teachings, Greetings from First Presidency and Apostles, lds.org. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Episode 92: Church historian and recorder, Elder LeGrand R. Curtis Jr., on the vital role of Church history, Church News, 12 July 2022. Retrieved 26 August 2022.
- First Presidency and NAACP Call for Greater Civility, Racial Harmony, ‘'Mormon Newsroom'’, 17 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Although no official reference exists that Rasband currently chairs this committee, since he was the only member of the Twelve in attendance at this brief press conference, an assumption is made here that this is the case.
- , Mormon Newsroom, 18 June 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "Elders Gerrit W. Gong and Ulisses Soares called as new apostles of LDS Church".
- "Latter-day Saints Sustain New First Presidency in Solemn Assembly: Two new leaders named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles", Newsroom, LDS Church, 31 March 2018
- The Mormon church's newest—and most diverse—apostles say they're just regular people humbled by the calling, Salt Lake Tribune, 28 June 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Taylor, Scott (3 March 2022). "'The blessings of power and protection' — Temple and Family History instruction led by Elder Bednar, Elder Gong, President Johnson, Sister Aburto". Church News. Retrieved 3 March 2022.
- While all members of the Quorum of the Twelve have worldwide responsibility, each is also given specific area assignments by the church president.
- Although the church has not explicitly confirmed that Waddell is serving in this assignment, this article notes that Waddell was in attendance at a media briefing for a temple-related matter. In the recent past, the member of the Presiding Bishopric present for similar briefings was participating as a member of that Council, so an assumption is made that this is the case here.
- Although there has been no official confirmation that Budge is currently a member of this Council, as mentioned in the previous source, Waddell filled a role in a temple-related announcement that had been filled by the member of the Presiding Bishopric who served on the Temple and Family History Executive Council. If Waddell has taken over that assignment, Budge is the only member of the Presiding Bishopric who could be serving on the Missionary Executive Council, an assignment formerly filled by Waddell.
- Includes, where applicable, prior service as a general authority seventy
- Includes, where applicable, prior service under previous presiding bishop.
- "See the Church's new 2020 leadership assignments around the world", Church News, Church News, 16 April 2020
- Church Announces 2017 Area Leadership Assignments, lds.org, 4 May 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Has served as Senior President since August 2020, as verified here.
- New General Authority Seventies Called, Released April 2018 General Conference, Mormon Newsroom, 31 March 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- During the April 2018 Sustaining of Church Officers, Dallin H. Oaks announced that Vinson, Teixeira, and Godoy would replace Craig C. Christensen, Richard J. Maynes, and Juan A. Uceda, which marked the first time such changes were presented for sustaining vote in advance. See this address for verification.
- As verified here.
- Although Godoy's aforementioned biography notes the areas for which Godoy has oversight, it does not specify which apostles he is assisting in those assignment.
- The specifics of these assignments, including the details about which apostles he is assisting, are noted in Nielson's biography.
- Meet the New General Authority Seventies and Primary Presidency Called at the April 2021 Conference, ‘’Newsroom’’, churchofjesuschrist.org. 3 April 2021. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- First Presidency Announces 2021 Area Leadership Assignments, Newsroom, churchofjesuschrist.org, 19 April 2021. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- First Presidency announces 2021-2022 area leadership assignments, Church News, 21 April 2021. Retrieved 22 April 2021.
- Shortly after the April 2016 General Conference, the biographies of all General Authorities were changed to reflect this alteration in Church policy. See this link for verification.
- Dethman, Leigh (5 April 2008). "Elder D. Todd Christofferson named new apostle; other leaders called". Deseret Morning News. Last accessed 2008-04-06.
- First Presidency Announces 2022 Area Leadership Assignments, Newsroom, churchofjesuschrist.org, 7 April 2022. Retrieved 10 April 2022.
- First Presidency announces 2022-2023 area leadership assignments, Church News, 7 April 2022. Retrieved 10 April 2022.
- Before taking the assignment in the Africa South Area, Aidukaitis served as an adviser to The Friend. Although he was still listed as an adviser to that magazine as of the November 2022 edition, his area assignment outside the US likely necessitated his release.
- "New Sunday School Presidency and General Authorities Announced at April 2019 Conference". Newsroom. LDS Church. 6 April 2019.
- "New General Authority callings announced", Church News, 2 April 2011, last accessed 2011-04-14.
- "Eight New General Authority Seventies Announced at April 2018 General Conference: Elder Carl B. Cook and Elder Robert C. Gay named to Presidency of the Seventy", Newsroom, LDS Church, 31 March 2018
- According to this source, Baxter is currently on medical leave from his assignments.
- New Seventies and Young Men General Presidency Named at April 2020 General Conference, Newsroom, 4 April 2020. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- Liahona, November 2022, p. 3.
- New General Authorities and Auxiliary Leaders Called Archived 8 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine (4 April 2009). Press Release, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Last accessed 5 April 2009.
- 12 called to Quorums of the Seventy (11 April 2009). Church News by Deseret News Publishing Company. Last accessed 13 April 2009.
- New General Authorities Called, 6 April 2013, retrieved from the LDS Newsroom on 9 April 2013.
- Taylor, Scott (4 April 2010). "LDS Church names new Seventies, Primary presidency". MormonTimes.com by Deseret News Publishing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah). Last accessed 4 April 2010.
- Haiti temple dedication marks the beginning of a ‘remarkable’ future for the country, Church News, 1 September 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "Meet the New Leaders Called at the April 2022 General Conference", Newsroom, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 2 April 2022, retrieved 2 April 2022
- Elder Gerard Addresses NAACP National Convention, Mormon Newsroom, 16 July 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- How education, family and testimony are interwoven threads in the life of Elder Clark G. Gilbert, Scott Taylor, Church News, 8 May 2021. Retrieved 8 May 2021.
- Liahona, November 2022, p. 3.
- Six New General Authority Seventies Announced at April 2017 General Conference: First Presidency also calls 36 Area Seventies, LDS Church Newsroom, 1 April 2017.
- Brook P. Hales Called as General Authority Seventy, Mormon Newsroom, 18 May 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- See also this article, which clearly notes Hales has continued as Secretary to the First Presidency.
- "New General Authorities, Young Men Presidency and Primary Presidency Changes Announced", Mormon Newsroom, 4 April 2015.
- First Presidency Announces Area Leadership, Other General Authority Assignment Changes, Newsroom, churchofjesuschrist.org, 2 November 2020. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- New General Authorities; New Sunday School General Presidency Announced, LDS Newsroom, 2014-04-05. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- 8 highlights from the church historian and recorder as his service draws to a close, Deseret News, 3 August 2022. Retrireved 3 August 2022.
- Since McKay has been confirmed to take over the role of Church Historian and Recorder, an assumption is made here that the assignment to the Music Revision Committee was also transferred to him, since Curtis will be released and granted emeritus status in October 2022.
- First Presidency Announces 2019 Area Leadership Assignments, Church News, lds.org. Published 26 April 2019. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- Ringwood's status as the Executive Director of the Priesthood and Family Department is verified here.
- Ringwood's assignment as the Executive Director of the Priesthood and Family Department means he is the only GA Seventy assigned as an adviser to all three magazines.
- Here are recently called mission leaders who will serve in Brazil, England, Cote d’Ivoire and more, Church News, 11 February 2022. Retrieved 10 April 2022.
- Silva has "Urbano da" in the middle of his name, but was sustained by only his first ad last names.
- See this article for verification of Villar's assignment as a new mission president.
- N. Eldon Tanner, "Revelation on Priesthood Accepted, Church Officers Sustained", Ensign, November 1978, p. 16.
- Download Updated 2021 Chart of General Authorities and General Officers, Newsroom, churchofjesuschrist.org, 16 April 2021. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- First Presidency Announces 2021 Area Leadership Assignments, Church News, Newsroom, churchofjesuschrist.org, 19 April 2021. Retrieved 4 August 2021.