Clase 406 (English title: Class 406) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Pedro Damián for Televisa. The series had four seasons and 349 one-hour episodes in total. It is a remake of a 1999 Colombian telenovela Francisco el Matemático. It premiered on July 1, 2002 and ended on October 31, 2003. The story deals with the problems of newer Latino youth, in general like sex, drug dealing, abuse, drinking, rape, deception, and heartbreak.
|Created by||Diego Vivanco|
Sandra Rita Paba
Ana María Parra
|Written by||María Cervantes Balmori|
Pedro Armando Rodríguez
María Luisa Solís
Alejandra Romero Meza
|Directed by||Luis Pardo|
Juan Carlos Muñoz
|Opening theme||"¿Donde irán?" by La Quinta Estación|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||349|
|Executive producer(s)||Pedro Damián|
|Producer(s)||Luis Luisillo Miguel|
Televisa San Ángel
Mexico City, Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
|Cinematography||Vivian Sánchez Ross|
|Running time||41–44 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||July 1, 2002 –|
October 31, 2003
|Preceded by||El juego de la vida|
|Followed by||Clap, el lugar de tus sueños|
|Related shows||Francisco el Matemático (1999)|
Jorge Poza, Irán Castillo, Sherlyn, Dulce María, Alfonso Herrera, Aarón Díaz, Christian Chávez, and Sara Maldonado starred as protagonists, while Anahí, Julio Camejo, Tony Dalton, Miguel Rodarte, and Francesca Guillén starred as antagonists.
Francisco Romero is a small-town teacher who decides to try his luck in Mexico City. He joins the faculty of Prep school number 10 "Rosario Castellanos" and soon realizes that his work is more demanding than he expected; in addition to having to prove himself as a teacher, he must prove himself as a human being.
He will find that, in order to make a difference with his students, he will also have to assume the roles of counselor, psychologist, doctor, and even detective. The themes this story deals with are: dropping out of school, teen pregnancy, street gangs, men who abuse their stepdaughters, teenagers forced to work to support their families, and alcoholic parents who lead their children down the same path - that is, problems of a very real nature, experienced by high school students the world over.
This is also a love story. Both students and faculty fall victim to Cupid's random arrows, beginning with Francisco and Adriana (the school counselor) who, nonetheless, must put their hormones on hold long enough to become respected role models in the eyes of their students. But their love story is not destined for a happy ending, since Adriana will have to choose between Francisco and her love for her son.
Francisco will have a second chance at love with Ana Maria, the new English teacher who will become his right arm when dealing with his students and their problems in and out of school. Ultimately, however, he will find true love in the arms of Angela, the woman in charge of the school cafeteria. She is a working mother whose teenage children Juan David and Sandra attend this same school, and who has managed to keep a fine balance between being a housewife, a working woman, a mother and a lover.
The school itself occupies center stage in this story, and will become the forum where the main conflicts of the plot will be exposed and resolved, and where Francisco Romero, in his role as teacher, will not only show his students how entertaining learning can be, but will make them understand the importance of respect for authority, of friendship, camaraderie, love, and the values that will guide their conduct as they close the cycle of adolescence and move on to become adults.
One of the recurring themes in this telenovela is friendship, which is best exemplified by the story of Gabriela and Marcela, two high school students who struggle to get ahead and maintain their friendship alive in spite of the painful experiences they go through and the many obstacles that threaten to drive them apart. Their friendship will be put to the test when one of them realizes that everyone will give you advice, but no one will stand with you to face the consequences.
Alcohol abuse among teenagers, sexual responsibility, domestic violence and prostitution are also topics addressed in this production. More problems are Magdalena, a strikingly beautiful young woman with a rebellious nature. She faces domestic abuse, while another student Hugo, gets involved with gangs leading to his death. Carlos get swindled into drug dealing and addiction after his friend's death, Kike deals with heartbreak which leads to him becoming an alcoholic, Freddy who deals with being gay, and Daniela whose dreams of becoming a model almost lead her to the end of her life.
While Tatiana comes as the teen who feels out of place as a rich kid whose family has gone poor and must adapt to face the gang 406. She ultimately leads to drugs much later on. The toughest struggle is when Francisco, their professor who has stuck through thick and thin with them must leave with his new wife.
A new professor, Santiago, takes his place. Can the students accept him? Will he be able to fill the void that was left by his predecessor? His troubled past including a young girl who was sexually harassing him in an old school he taught and when he does not agree to have a relationship with her she accuses him of rape.
The girl with the troubled mind is known as Jessica. Her story is one of the classics, a poor rich girl who wishes to act like a villain due to a father who doesn't pay attention to her, and a dead mother who she strives for.
- Jorge Poza as Professor Francisco Romero "El Matemático" & "El Ayudante"
- Francisco Gattorno as Santiago Cadavid/Luis Felipe Villasana
- Michelle Vieth as Nadia Castillo Bojorquez "La profe de gimnasia"
- Alejandra Barros as Adriana Pineda Suárez/Ángela Pineda Suárez
- Sherlyn González as Gabriela "Gaby" Chávez Rey "La Virgen"
- Irán Castillo as Magdalena "Magdis" Rivera "la Rebelde"
- Dulce María as Marcela "Marce" Mejía "La otra Virgen"
- Anahí as Jessica Riquelme Drech "La Loca"
- Alfonso Herrera as Juan David "Juancho" Rodríguez Pineda "El Ligador"
- Aarón Díaz as Enrique "Kike" González "El Guapo"
- Christian Chávez as Fernando "Fercho" Lucena "El Chino"
- Francisco Rubio as Carlos Muñoz "El Caballo"
- Sara Maldonado as Tatiana del Moral "El amor de Fercho" & "La riquilla pobre"
- Grettell Valdéz as Daniela "Danny" Jiménez Robles "El Cuerpo de la clase"
- Frantz Cossio as Alfredo "Fredy" Ordoñez "El Consentido"
- Pablo Magallanes as Hugo Salcedo "El Chavo Banda"
- Alexa Damián as Ana María Londoño "la teacher"
- Sebastián Rulli as Juan Esteban San Pedro "El psicologo"
- Imanol Landeta as Alejandro "Alex" Acero Pineda "El niño"
- Luis Fernando Ceballos as Valentino
- Karla Cossío as Sandra Paola Rodríguez Pineda "La Hermana"
- Karen Juantorena as Vanessa
- David Galindo as Jose Manuel del Moral
- Alan Gutierrez as Pablo
- Aracely Mali as Clara Betancourt
- Felipe Sanchez as Chuli Nava
- Francesca Guillén as Samsara/Paloma
- Miguel Rodarte as Leonardo "Leo" Nava
- Rosangela Balbo as Bertha Ponce
- Eleazar Gómez as Brian Rios
- Wendy González as Blanca Uribe Soto
- José Luis Reséndez as Teacher Gilberto Bernal
- Arap Bethke as Antonio "Chacho" Mendoza Cuervo
- Julio Camejo as Douglas Cifuentes
- Alejandra Jurado as Matilde Rodríguez
- Luis Fernando Peña as Mario Fernández "El Gato"
- Armando Hernández as Cipriano Goytisolo "El Alebrije"
- Liuba de Lasse as Cindy "La DJ"
- Susan Vohn as Silvia
- Manola Diez as Violeta
- Giovan D'Angelo as Federico "Fede" Barbera
- Catherine Papile as Andrea
- Conrado Osorio as Edgar
- Carolina Rincón as Susy
- Karla Luengas as Pilar "Pili" Reyna
- Roberto Assad as Dylan "El DJ"
- Bobby Larios as César
- Yessica Salazar as Brenda
- Lourdes Canale as Doña Guillermina "Guille" Muñoz
- Fabián Robles as Giovanni Ferrer Escudero
- Gabriela Platas as Elisa Camargos
- Héctor Gómez as Dr. Narváez
- Tony Dalton as Dagoberto "Dago" García "El violador"
- Beatriz Moreno as Blanca Ines "Blanquita" Beteta "La Secretaria"
- Rafael Inclán as Don Ezequiel Cuervo Dominguez "El Director"
- Juan Peláez as Octavio Valenzuela
- Alma Cero as Bianca
- Queta Lavat as Cuquita
- Jose Luis Cordero "Pocholo" as Sr Lucena "Papa de Fercho"
- Dolores Salomon "Bodokito" as Barbara de Lucena
- Manuel Landeta as Gonzalo Acero
- Maria Fernanda Garcia as Marlen Rivera
- Felipe Najera as Dionisio Nino Infante
- Jose Elias Moreno as Manuel del Moral
- Lucero Lander as Dora del Moral
- Adriana Laffan as Teresa Salcedo
- Agustín Arana as Ramiro
- Adriana Barraza as Mabel
- Arturo García Tenorio as Rodolfo
- Alicia Farh as Dolores
- René Casados as Manolo
- Aitor Iturrioz as Max Brouer
- Jorge de Silva as Luigi Ferrer
- Jairo Gómez as Saul
- Polly as Emiliana Askenazy
- Gabriela Bermudez as Miriam
- Xóchitl Vigil as Consuelo
- Payín Cejudo as Olga Limonqui
- Paola Flores as Doña Cleotilde
- María López as Jenny
- Nayelli Dainzu as Cherry
- Aída Diaz as Mercedes
- Esther Diez as Cecilia
- Adrian Mass as Marco
- Pablo Poumian as Rosendo
- Ariadne Pellicer as Esther Peñaloza
- Juan Antonio Edwards as Jeronimo
- Eduardo Orozco as "La tehuana"
- Francisco Avendaño as Don Humberto
- Marieth Rodríguez as Valeria Villasana
- Gabriela Cano as Aurora
- Verónica Ibrra as Angelica
- Samantha López as Alejandra Barbosa
- Raquel Morell as Yolanda Bojórquez
- Juan Carlos Colombo as Don Jorge Riquelme
- Humberto Dupeyrón as Ruben
- Julio Vega as Dr. Huerta
- Eduardo de la Peña as Gumaro
- Juan Carlos Nava as Pedro Salcedo
- Benjamín Islas as Raul Jimenez
- Andres Montiel as Eleazar Espinoza
- Alberto Salaberri as Erick
- Miguel Priego as Jorge Jiménez
- Ramon Cabrera as Jordi
- Miguel Loyo as Mauricio Pereira
- Ana Layevska as Valentina Quintero
- Ari Borovoy as Juan Pablo
- Alejandro Ciangherotti as Lic. Israel Antunez
- Alizair Gómez as Mario Sanpedro
- Axel Ricco as Alexis
- Claudio Rojo as Pablo Benedetti
- Dobrina Cristeva as Natalia
- Héctor Cruz as "El Limon"
- Jacqueline Voltaire as Teacher Fabianne
- Liza Willert as Catalina Rodriguez
- Mariagna Prats as Silvia
- Marisol del Olmo as Eugenia Moretti
- Martha Julia as Angela
- Pedro Damián as Vargas
- Ricardo Vera as Doctor
- Rosángela Balbó as Bertha
- Roxana Saucedo as Mariana
- Sergio DeFassio as Sacerdote
- Sergio Sánchez as Arturo
- Thelma Dorantes as Carmela
- Vilma Sotomayor as Karla
- Violeta Puga as Jessica
- Wendy Álvarez as Magali
- Azul Guaita as Juanita
- Yatana as Gina de Franco
|1.||"¿Dónde Irán?"||La Quinta Estación|
|3.||"Karma Escolar"||Clase 406|
|4.||"Shala La La"||Clase 406|
|5.||"Dos Enamorados"||Dulce María & Christian Chávez|
|6.||"Cuando Me Miras Así"||Cristian Castro|
|8.||"De dónde vienes, a dónde vas?"||Clase 406|
- Clase 406 (2003)
- Clase 406 - El Siguiente Paso...! (2003)
|2003||21st TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela of the Year||Pedro Damián||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Rafael Inclán||Won|
|Best Female Revelation||Sherlyn González||Nominated|
|Best Male Revelation||Christian Chávez||Won|
|Best Direction||Luis Pardo
Juan Carlos Muñoz