This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Early life and educationEdit
At age 19 Pollard published her first poetry collection, The Heavy-Petting Zoo (Bloodaxe Books Ltd. (1997))  In 2000, Pollard won a Society of Authors Eric Gregory Award. In 2004, her play The Weather was performed at the Royal Court Theatre. In 2007, My Male Muse, a radio documentary was broadcast on BBC Radio 4. In 2009, Pollard and James Byrne edited the Bloodaxe young poets showcase titled Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century. Pollard has been a Royal Literary Fund Writing Fellow at Essex University. In 2013, she was the judge for the inaugural international Hippocrates Prize for Young Poets.
- Clare Pollard. Poetry International Web.
- Sears J. The Heavy-Petting Zoo by Clare Pollard. Pop Matters
- The Weather bear hug Royal Court London. The Independent. Accessed 20 September 2015.
- Staff Fleet Architects. Accessed 20 September 2015.
- Crown S. Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century. The Guardian Accessed 20 September 2015.
- British Council for Literature - Clare Pollard Archived 19 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine Contemporarywriters.com Accessed 20 September 2015.
- Pollard, C. The Heavy Petting Zoo. Bloodaxe Books, Hexham, England 1998. ISBN 978-1852244811.
- Pollard, C. Bedtime. Bloodaxe Books, Hexham, England, 2002 ISBN 978-1852245931.
- Pollard, C. Look, Clare!, Look! Bloodaxe Books, Hexham, England, 2005. ISBN 978-1852247096.
- Pollard, C. and Byrne, J. (ed.) Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century. Bloodaxe Books, Hexham, England, 2009 ISBN 978-1852248383.
- Changling. The Poetry Archive 2011. ISBN 978-1852249113 Accessed 21 September 2015.
- Nota Benes. World Literature Today, 2013. ISBN 978-1852249762. Accessed 21 September 2015.