Civic Center/Grand Park station
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (April 2016)
Civic Center/Grand Park, formerly Civic Center, is a heavy-rail subway station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located on Hill Street between 1st and Temple Streets in the Civic Center area of Downtown Los Angeles. The station is officially named Civic Center/Grand Park/Tom Bradley after former Los Angeles mayor Tom Bradley, who had a pivotal role in turning the subway into reality.
|Location||101 South Hill Street|
Los Angeles, CA 90013
|Platforms||1 underground center platform|
|Bicycle facilities||6 bike rack spaces|
6 locker spaces
|Opened||January 30, 1993|
|Previous names||Civic Center (1993–2013)|
Metro Rail service & Metro Busway serviceEdit
Red and Purple Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 12:45 AM daily.
Silver Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 1:00 AM daily.
|1st St/Hill St (Northbound)||← Silver Line toward El Monte Station (Spring/1st)|
|1st St/Hill St (Southbound)||→ Silver Line toward Harbor Gateway Transit Center/Pacific/21st Street (Grand/3rd)→|
|Mezzanine||North Mezzanine||Grand Park Exit|
Faregates, ticket machines
|South Mezzanine||Hill Street/1st Street Exit|
Faregates, ticket machines
|Platform||Northbound/Westbound||← Red Line toward North Hollywood (Pershing Square)|
← Purple Line toward Wilshire/Western (Pershing Square)
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Southbound/Eastbound||→ Red Line toward Union Station (Terminus) →|
→ Purple Line toward Union Station (Terminus) →
The station features a colorful art installation titled I Dreamed I Could Fly, which has six fiberglass persons in flight, intended to be representative of the human spiritual voyage. The installation was designed by Jonathan Borofsky.
- Metro services
- Metro Local: 2, 4, 10, 14, 28, 30, 37, 40, 45, 48, 68, 70, 71, 76, 78, 79, 81, 83, 90, 91, 92, 94, 96, 302* & 378*
- Metro Express: 442*, 487 & 489*
- Metro Rapid: 728, 733, 745, 770 & 794
- Other local and commuter services
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority: 785*
- City of Santa Clarita Transit: 799*
- Foothill Transit: Silver Streak, 493*, 495*, 497*, 498*, 499*, 699*
- LADOT Commuter Express: 409*, 419*, 422*, 423*, 431*, 437*, 438*, 448* & 534*
- LADOT DASH: A, B, D
- Montebello Transit: 90*
- Santa Monica Transit: Rapid 10
- Torrance Transit: 4*
Note: * indicates commuter service that operates only during weekday rush hours.
- "Red Line station information". Los Angeles Metro. Archived from the original on March 19, 2007. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Purple Line station information". Los Angeles Metro. Archived from the original on January 11, 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Silver Line station information". Los Angeles Metro.
- "Blue Line timetable" (PDF). Los Angeles Metro. Retrieved 2010-05-10.