This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cityplaza (Chinese: 太古城中心) is an office and shopping development, owned and managed by Swire Properties, at 18 Taikoo Shing Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong. It is adjacent to Taikoo Place, another office complex developed by Swire.
|Location||18 Taikoo Shing Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong|
|Opening||1982（Phase 1, redeveloped from 1994 to 1997）|
|Floor area||1,105,000 sq ft (102,700 m2) (Retail)|
1,398,000 sq ft (129,900 m2) (Office)
|Design and construction|
|Number of stores||170|
|Parking||800 parking spaces|
The six-level shopping centre, connected to Tai Koo Station, houses more than 170 shops, restaurants, a cinema and an indoor ice rink. Cityplaza constantly updates its seasonal decoration, and also has frequent art, sport and other exhibitions in the public space near the MTR station.[clarification needed]
History and developmentEdit
Cityplaza was completed in 1982. As there was no MTR connection yet, double decker buses were used as a free shuttle service when the Island Eastern Corridor expressway was finished in 1984.
There are six storeys in Phase I, with many locations having changed. The first phase also included an office tower called Mount Parker House which has since been demolished and replaced with the East hotel.
Phase II was completed in 1987. As there was a hole in the southwest corner of 2/F (opposite Cafe de Coral), one could see part of Whimsy's mini roller coaster ride, but this was filled after the latter's closing down in 1990. There were also large neon advertisements in the middle of Phase II, but these were removed after a big renovation in 2002 and 2014.
The old food court, including Burger King, Oliver's Super Sandwiches, Mario's, Fairwood, were originally situated next to the ice rink. It was closed in 2001 and replaced by the another food court on the 3rd floor, called Food Republic. In Dec 2016, a new food court, TREATS, opened in the original shop of Maxim's Palace. It provides bread, cheese sandwiches, fresh juices, Hong Kong style barbecued food & noodles, pasta, salad, sushi, sashimi and bento. Two restaurants, Cha Cha Room (dim sum) and Minh & Kok (Vietnamese food) are also situated inside TREATS.
The shopping centre is host to the oldest ice skating rink in Hong Kong named "Ice Palace".
The cinema, MOViE MOViE Cityplaza was opened in 2017, boasting 6 widescreen theatres, including “MOViEMAXX” and one luxurious VIP house “MM Moments”.
MTR Tai Koo Station is accessible directly from the second floor of Cityplaza. The companion escalator running from the MTR station to Cityplaza was completed in April 2012. Shoppers can also get to the shopping centre by buses.
- Buses and minibuses
- 77- Tin Wan ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 77X- Wah Kwai Estate → Tai Hong Street
- 85- Siu Sai Wan ↺ Braemar Hill
- 85A- Shau Kei Wan ↺ Braemar Hill (Morning Peak)
- 85A- Aldrich Bay → Braemar Hill (Morning Peak)
- 85A- North Point (Island Place) → Shau Kei Wan (Afternoon Peak)
- 99- South Horizons ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 99X- South Horizons/ Ap Lei Chau → Tai Hong Street
- A12- Airport (Ground Transportation Centre) ↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 2- Grand Promenade ↔ Central (Macau Ferry)
- 81- Hing Wah Estate ↔ Lai Tak Tsuen (via Tai Hang)
- 81A- Hing Wah Estate ↔ Lai Tak Tsuen (via Braemar Hill) (Rush Time Service)
- 82- North Point Ferry ↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 82X- Siu Sai Wan ↺ Quarry Bay
- 85- North Point (Island Place)↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 720- Grand Promenade ↔ Central (Macau Ferry) (Express)
- 720P- Tai Koo Shing ↔ Central (Gilman Street) (Morning Peak Service)
- 722- Yiu Tung Estate ↺ Central (Exchange Square)
- Cross Harbour Tunnel Bus
- 102- Mei Foo ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 106- Siu Sai Wan ↔ Wong Tai Sin
- 110- Shau Kei Wan ↺ Tsim Sha Tsui/ Jordan
- 606- Choi Wan (Fung Shing Street) ↔ Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 606A- Choi Wan (Fung Shing Street) ↔ Yiu Tung (Morning Peak Service)
- 682- Ma On Shan ↔ Chai Wan (East)
- 682A- Ma On Shan Town Centre → Siu Sai Wan Estate (Morning Peak Service) (No Return Trip Service to Ma On Shan.)
- 682B- Sha Tin → Siu Sai Wan Estate (Morning Peak Service) (No Return Trip Service to Sha Tin.)
- 682P- Ma On Shan/ Wu Kai Sha Station → Chai Wan (East) (Morning Peak Service) (No Return Trip Service to Ma On Shan.)
- 802- Sha Tin Racecourse → Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort) (Race Day Service) (No Return Trip Service to Sha Tin.)
- N122- Mei Foo ↔ Shau Kei Wan (Midnight Service)
- 18- Hang Hau (North) ↔ North Point (Pak Fuk Road)
- 32- Kornhill ↔ Shau Kei Wan
- 68- Aldrich Bay ↔ Quarry Bay Tai Koo
- 65A- Quarry Bay ↔ Chai Wan
- "MALL SERVICES | Cityplaza". Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "ICE PALACE | Cityplaza". Retrieved 19 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cityplaza.|