City of Bayside
The City of Bayside is a local government area in Victoria, Australia. It is within the southern suburbs of Melbourne. It has an area of 36 square kilometres and in 2018 had a population of 105,718 people.
|City of Bayside|
|• Density||2,860/km2 (7,400/sq mi)|
|Area||37 km2 (14.3 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Laurence Evans OAM|
|State electorate(s)||Brighton, Sandringham, Bentleigh|
|Website||City of Bayside|
City of BrightonEdit
In 1858, after receiving two petitions, the Government proclaimed the Municipality of Brighton. Brighton was proclaimed a borough in 1863, a town in 1887, and a city in 1919.
City of SandringhamEdit
The Moorabbin Road District was created in 1862 and became the Shire of Moorabbin in 1871. In 1917, parts of the West and South ridings were severed to create the Borough of Sandringham and three years later parts of the South and Cheltenham ridings were severed to create the Borough of Mentone and Mordialloc. The two boroughs became the Town of Sandringham and the Town of Mentone and Mordialloc in 1919 and 1923 respectively and Sandringham the City of Sandringham in 1923.
City of MoorabbinEdit
Created a road district on 16 May 1862 and later proclaimed a shire in January 1871. A portion of Moorabbin Shire severed and annexed to Brighton Town in 1912 and a portion severed in 1917. The Borough of Mentone and Mordialloc was established in 1920 and re-subdivided in 1929 and later proclaimed a city in 1934.
City of MordiallocEdit
Created as the Borough of Mentone and Mordialloc by severance from Moorabbin Shire in May 1920. Redefined as a portion of Moorabbin Shire being severed and annexed in 1921. Declared a town in April 1923 and its name changed to Town of Mordialloc in April 1923 and later gazetted a city on 5 May 1926.
City of BaysideEdit
On 14 December 1994 a new municipality was created to form Bayside City Council which comprises the former City of Brighton, the former City of Sandringham and part of the former City of Mordialloc west of Charman Road and part of the City of Moorabbin between the railway and Charman Road. The original proposal for the LGA gave it the name "City of Warrain", warrain being a Boon wurrung word for "by the sea", but the City of Sandringham proposed that the name "Bayside" be used instead.
|Beckett Ward||Independent||Clarke Martin|
|Bleazby Ward||Independent||Alex del Porto|
|Bleazby Ward||Independent||Fiona Stitfold|
|Castlefield Ward||Independent||Jo Samuel-King|
|Dendy Ward||Independent||Hanna El Mouallem|
|Ebden Ward||Independent||Laurence Evans||Mayor|
|Ivison Ward||Independent||Sonia Castelli||Deputy Mayor|
Past Bayside CouncillorsEdit
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ward||1997 – 2000||2000 – 2003||2003 – 2005||2005 – 2008|
|Dendy||Elizabeth Francis||Gary Andrews||Gary Andrews||Kristin Stegley|
|Were||Jill McKiggan||Michael Heffernan||Tim Ryan||Clifford Hayes|
|Mair||Alex del Porto||Alex del Porto||Alex del Porto||Alex del Porto|
|Smith||Graeme Disney||Graeme Disney||Mike Dwyer||James Long|
|Clayton||Craig Tucker||Craig Tucker||Andrew McLorinan||Andrew McLorinan|
|Abbott||Michael Harwood||Nicholas Eden||Chris Carroll||Michael Norris|
|Charman||Terry O'Brien||Terry O'Brien||Craig Tucker||Terry O'Brien|
|Ebden||Simon Russell||Simon Russell||Derek Wilson||Derek Wilson|
|Moysey||Vivien Kluger||Ken Beadle||Ken Beadle||John Knight|
Past Bayside Councillors Post Boundary changesEdit
|Ward||2008 - 2012||2012 - 2016||2016 - 2020|
Alex del Porto
Alex del Porto
Alex del Porto
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18: Population Estimates by Local Government Area (ASGS 2018), 2017 to 2018". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 25 October 2019. Estimated resident population, 30 June 2018.
- Local Government Board (1994). Middle and outer Melbourne review: interim report. Melbourne.
- "BankWest Quality of Life Index 2008" (PDF). BankWest Quality of Life Index 2008. BankWest. 20 August 2008. p. 8. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 3 September 2008.
- "Bayside City Council profile - Victorian Electoral Commission". www.vec.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 9 December 2016.
- "Bayside City Council election results 2000 - Victorian Electoral Commission". www.vec.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Bayside City Council election results 2003 - Victorian Electoral Commission". www.vec.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Bayside City Council election results 2005 - Victorian Electoral Commission". www.vec.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Bayside City Council election results 2012 - Victorian Electoral Commission". www.vec.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Bayside City Council election results 2012 - Victorian Electoral Commission". www.vec.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 9 December 2016.
- "Results for 2014 Bayside City Council countback, Central Ward - Victorian Electoral Commission". www.vec.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 9 December 2016.