Circulation is a scientific journal published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins for the American Heart Association. The journal publishes articles related to research in and the practice of cardiovascular diseases, including observational studies, clinical trials, epidemiology, health services and outcomes studies, and advances in applied (translational) and basic research. Its 2017 impact factor is 18.881, ranking it second amongst journals in the Cardiac and Cardiovascular Systems category. Articles become open access after a 12-month embargo period.
|Discipline||Cardiology, cardiovascular medicine|
|Edited by||Joseph A. Hill|
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (United States)
|Delayed (after 12-month)|
2008 saw the appearance of six subspecialty journals. The first edition of Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology appeared in April 2008, followed by an edition dedicated to heart failure in May titled Circulation: Heart Failure. The remaining four journals launched once per month from July through October 2008. In order of release they were, Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging, Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions, Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, and Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics (now published as Circulation: Genomic and Precision Medicine since January 2018).
- Journal Citation Reports 2017, published by Thomson Scientific
- Stevenson WG, Berul CI (April 2008). "arrhythmia and electrophysiology, the eagle can land". Circ Arrhythmia Electrophysiol. 1 (1): 1. doi:10.1161/CIRCEP.108.771139. PMID 19808386.
- Udelson JE (May 2008). "The inaugural issue of Circulation: Heart Failure". Circ Heart Fail (1 ed.). 1 (1): 1. doi:10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.108.774679. PMID 19808262.
- Di Carli MF, Davidoff R (July 2008). "A New Forum for Cardiovascular Imaging Research". Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 1 (1): 1. doi:10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.108.793083.
- Faxon D (August 2008). "Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions: Keeping Pace With Progress". Circ Cardiovasc Intervent. 1 (1): 1–2. doi:10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.108.799270. PMID 20031647.
- Krumholz H (September 2008). "Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes: Scholarship to Improve Health and Health Care for Patients and Populations". Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 1 (1): 1–3. doi:10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.108.814509. PMID 20031779.
- Vasan RS, MacRae CA (October 2008). "A Dream, a Journey, and a Promise: The Inauguration of Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics". Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 1 (1): 1–2. doi:10.1161/CIRCGENETICS.108.813352. PMID 20031535.
- Circulation home page
- Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology home page
- Circulation: Heart Failure home page
- Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging home page
- Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions home page
- Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes home page
- Circulation: Genomic and Precision Medicine home page
- American Heart Association home page