|Created by||Diana Silvester|
|Directed by||Diana Silvester|
|Opening theme||"Kadhyillaathoru kadhyaanithu" "കഥയില്ലാത്തൊരു കഥയാണിത്"|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||1,000|
|Running time||Approx. 20-25 minutes|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||30 August 1993 –|
23 September 2013
The first episode aired on Asianet, a Malayalam news television network, on 20 August 1993. It was the first show aired on Asianet. The program was broadcast in thirty-minute episodes every Sunday at 1:30 pm (IST) until its completion in 2013.
It started as a film-based satire, which later on began to delve into contemporary political and social issues. It focused on current events, often referencing figures such as politicians and media personalities in a satirical way. These public figures were played by mimicry artists from Malayalam television.
To celebrate the broadcasting of the 1,000th episode of Cinemala, Asianet conducted a mega stage show on July 31, 2013 titled CINEMA LA 1000 at Gokulam Convention Centre, Kochi, Kerala. Leading actors Dileep and Salim Kumar were honored during the occasion. Mementos were presented to all actors who had been a part of the Cinemala. The show featured comedy skits by Cinemala actors as well as performances by other actors such as Suraj Venjaramoodu, Mamukkoya, Indrans, P. Jayachandran, Usha Uthup, Sithara (singer), Shamna Kasim, Subi, and Tesni Khan.
- "Diana Silvester - Setting a record". The Hindu.
- "Cinemala in Limca Book of Records". Times of India.
- "No laughing matter this". The Hindu. 5 August 2005. Archived from the original on 6 November 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- Nagarajan, Saraswathy (7 March 2013). "Quick Five: Diana Silvester - Setting a record". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 1 October 2019.
- "How love for humour and satire has kept comedy as a genre alive in Malayalam TV".
- "Asianet's Cinemala Completes 1000 Episodes!".
- "Cinemala completes 20 years on air, Asianet honours all participants". Indian Television Dot Com. 19 August 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2019.