|Born||26 October 1984|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg; 11.1 st)|
|Reach||70 in (178 cm) |
|Fighting out of||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Rank||Black belt in Judo |
Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
She formerly competed in the Bantamweight and Featherweight divisions in Invicta and the Ultimate Fighting Championship. She began her judo training at the age of 5 under the training of Johan Laats, and freestyle wrestling at age 8 under Joseph Mewis. Dandois later transitioned into mixed martial arts and trains at Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts while she is in the United States.
Dandois is a high school teacher. She has five children: Naomi, Eleftherios, Lola Katerina, Nafisatu, and Sara-Mae. 
During her time in Strikeforce she was scheduled to fight Miesha Tate, but the bout never materialized. This brought the two together, and they have been friends ever since. Tate later invited Dandois to the United States, to assist in her in training for her second fight against Ronda Rousey.
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
In January 2009, Cindy Dandois made her professional MMA debut, defeating Marloes Coenen. Over the next several years Dandois defeated champion kickboxer Jorina Baars, and took on other fighters under the M-1 banner. Dandois was going to fight Gina Carano after the latter had lost to Cris Cyborg, but had to withdraw due to getting pregnant.
Dandois was later scheduled to face Cris Cyborg at a 140-pound catchweight, but the fight was cancelled. Daria Ibragimova was given the headliner fight instead, as a 145 title shot against Cyborg.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
In February 2017, it was announced that Dandois had signed with the UFC. In her debut, Dandois fought Alexis Davis at UFC Fight Night 108. She lost the fight via unanimous decision. Dandois later announced on her Instagram that she had been released from the UFC.
Rizin Fighting FederationEdit
Dandois then signed with the Japanese promotion Rizin Fighting Federation. She made her debut against Reina Miura at Rizin World Grand Prix 2017: 2nd Round on December 29, 2017. She won the fight by split decision.
Professional Fighters LeagueEdit
Battery incident by Mustapha BrikaEdit
In November 2019, Dandois accused her then boyfriend Mustapha Brika, who is also a MMA fighter, that he broke her noise because Brika would not accept they were separated. However, according to Dandois, she would not want to see Brika be incarcerated for his deed. Brika denied the assault and stated the injury was caused by Dandois herself. In last December 2020, the Belgium court ruled that the assaults were not disproportionate but found Brika guilty of threats, which resulted in a 50-hour community service.
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|21 matches||16 wins||5 losses|
|Win||16–5||Eleni Mytilinaki||Submission (armlock)||Cage Survivor 14||December 15, 2019||2||1:50||Athens, Greece|
|Win||15–5||Bethany Christensen||Submission (triangle choke)||Conquest of the Cage||November 15, 2019||1||1:56||Spokane, Washington, United States|
|Win||14–5||Elsira Sheree Amstelveen||Submission (triangle choke)||Enfusion MMA 90||November 2, 2019||1||N/A||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Win||13–5||Gemma Pike||Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)||Staredown Fighting Championship 14||March 16, 2019||1||2:00||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Loss||12–5||Iony Razafiarison||Decision (split)||EBD 5 - European Beatdown 5||February 2, 2019||3||5:00||La Louvière, Belgium|
|Loss||12–4||Olga Rubin||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 209||November 16, 2018||3||5:00||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Win||12–3||Irén Rácz||TKO (punches)||Staredown Fighting Championship 128||March 17, 2018||2||N/A||Deurne, Belgium||Return to Featherweight.|
|Win||11–3||Hatice Ozyurt||Submission (triangle choke)||Battle Under the Tower 2018||February 24, 2018||2||1:46||Steenwijk, Netherlands||Catchweight bout (150 lb).|
|Win||10–3||Reina Miura||Decision (split)||Rizin World Grand Prix 2017: 2nd Round||December 29, 2017||3||5:00||Saitama, Japan||Lightweight bout.|
|Win||9–3||Kerry Hughes||TKO (punches)||Cage Warriors 89||November 25, 2017||1||1:53||Lotto Arena, Antwerp, Belgium||Catchweight bout (140 lb).|
|Loss||8–3||Alexis Davis||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov||April 22, 2017||3||5:00||Nashville, Tennessee, United States||Bantamweight bout.|
|Win||8–2||Anjela Pink||Submission (armbar)||COTC - Conquest of the Cage 24||November 11, 2016||1||0:13||Airway Heights, Washington, United States||Featherweight bout.|
|Win||7–2||Jessamyn Duke||Submission (armbar)||Invicta FC 18: Grasso vs. Esquibel||July 29, 2016||1||1:33||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Bantamweight bout.|
|Win||6–2||Megan Anderson||Submission (triangle choke)||Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad||September 12, 2015||2||2:41||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Featherweight bout.|
|Loss||5–2||Tonya Evinger||Submission (armbar)||Invicta FC 10: Waterson vs. Tiburcio||December 5, 2014||2||1:23||Houston, Texas, United States||Bantamweight bout.|
|Win||5–1||Jorina Baars||TKO (punches)||Staredown||March 19, 2011||2||4:50||Antwerp, Belgium||Featherweight bout.|
|Loss||4–1||Yana Kunitskaya||TKO (punches)||M-1 Challenge 22||December 10, 2010||1||0:34||Moscow, Russia||Bantamweight debut.|
|Win||4–0||Sheila Gaff||DQ (illegal knee)||M-1 Selection 2010: Western Europe Round 3||May 29, 2010||3||0:10||Helsinki, Finland|
|Win||3–0||Daria Ibragimova||Submission (triangle choke)||M-1 Selection 2010: Western Europe Round 2||March 27, 2010||1||3:02||Weesp, Netherlands|
|Win||2–0||Maria Hougaard Djursaa||TKO (punches)||M-1 Selection 2010: Western Europe Round 1||February 5, 2010||1||1:12||Hilversum, Netherlands|
|Win||1–0||Marloes Coenen||Decision (unanimous)||Beast of the East||January 24, 2009||3||5:00||Zutphen, Netherlands||Featherweight debut.|
- "Cindy Dandois". www.pflmma.com.
- "Bombshell Cindy Dandois: Cristiane Cyborg Looks Like a Man and Fights Like a Man". Bloody Elbow. 30 November 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- Cindy Dandois (@DandoisCindy) (October 8, 2015). ""(...) and I have a Win over Coenen and Baars and I am a BlackBelt Judo! (...)"". Twitter. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- "Cindy Dandois - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Simon, Zane (22 February 2017). "UFC signs former top Invicta talent Cindy Dandois". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "ABOUT CINDY – 'YA KNOW ?'". cindydandois.com/. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Cindy Dandois Video: Watch Pregnant MMA Fighter Take Down Opponent". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Pregnant Fighter Comments on Pulling Out of Gina Carano Fight". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Cindy Dandois credits Miesha Tate with helping her return to MMA". AXS TV. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Invicta FC 10 Results: Tonya Evinger Overwhelms, Submits Cindy Dandois". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- "Megan Anderson submitted by Cindy Dandois in Invicta FC debut". Fight News Australia. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "Invicta FC 18 video highlights: Grasso dazzles, Dandois taps Duke, Anderson blasts Morgan". 30 July 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "Cindy Dandois on losing her Invicta FC 15 headliner spot: I don't really get it". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- Raimondi, Marc (22 February 2017). "UFC signs veteran Cindy Dandois to face Alexis Davis at UFC Fight Night 108". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- Benjamin, Andrew (2018-11-09). "Cindy Dandois, Olga Rubin on Upcoming Bellator 209 Fight - MMASucka.com". MMASucka.com. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
- "Bellator 209 Results: Patricio 'Pitbull' Freire Retains, Phil Davis Loses". MMA News. 2018-11-17. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
- Marrocco, Steven (2020-03-12). "UFC vet Cezar Ferreira signs with PFL". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2020-03-12.
- "Ex valt kooivechtster Cindy Dandois aan: "Hij kon niet verkroppen dat we uit elkaar zijn"". Het Nieuwsblad (in Dutch). Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- Martin, Adam (2019-11-26). "Cindy Dandois viciously beaten by ex-boyfriend in Belgium | BJPenn.com". | BJPenn.com. Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- "Bekende kooivechtster beschuldigt ex van mishandeling, hij ontkent". www.nieuwsblad.be (in Dutch). Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- "Kooivechter vrijgesproken voor mishandeling van MMA-vechtster Cindy Dandois". www.nieuwsblad.be (in Dutch). Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- Sherdog.com. "Cindy". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cindy Dandois.|