Chūō (中央区 Chūō-ku) is one of 9 wards of Kobe City in Japan. It has an area of 28.46 km², and a population of 127,602 with 74,814 households as of January 31, 2012. The ward was formed from the 1980 merger of the former Fukiai-ku and Ikuta-ku.
Ward of Kobe
Kobe Kitano weather vane house
Location of Chūō-ku in Kobe City
|• Total||28.46 km2 (10.99 sq mi)|
(January 31, 2012)
|• Density||4,483.56/km2 (11,612.4/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (Japan Standard Time)|
|Address||5-1-1 Kumoi-dori, Chuo-ku, Kobe-shi, Hyogo-ken 651-8570|
The Consulate-General of Panama in Kobe is located on the eighth floor of the Moriyama Building in Chūō-ku. Also in the ward are the headquarters of Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Sysmex Corporation, a global medical devices manufacturing company and TOA Corporation, an electronics company.
Places of noteEdit
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2015)
- "List of Consulates in Kansai Area." Creation Core Higashi Osaka. Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- "Company Outline." Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Retrieved on January 24, 2015.
- "Corporate Profile Archived 2015-01-19 at the Wayback Machine." Sysmex Corporation. Retrieved on January 21, 2015.
- "Company Data." TOA Corporation. Retrieved on November 23, 2018.
- Home page. Kobe Chinese School. Retrieved on April 11, 2015. "〒650-0004 兵庫県神戸市中央区中山手通６丁目９番１号"
- "ウリハッキョ一覧" (Archive). Chongryon. Retrieved on October 14, 2015.