Sir Christopher George Rhodes, 3rd Baronet (30 April 1914 – 22 June 1964) was an English film and television actor. He was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the United States Legion of Merit for his Second World War service.
Rhodes was born in Alverstone, Isle of Wight, the only son of Sir John Rhodes, 2nd Baronet, and attended Eton College and Magdalen College, Oxford. During the Second World War, he served with the Essex Regiment, reaching the rank of lieutenant-colonel.
Rhodes was married twice, first to Mary Kesteven in 1936, whom he divorced in 1942, and then to Mary Florence Wardleworth in 1943, who bore him two sons and a daughter. He succeeded to his father's baronetcy in 1955.
- Moulin Rouge (1952) (uncredited)
- Laughing Anne (1953) as Escort No. 1
- Betrayed (1954) as Chris
- Gravelhanger (1954)
- The Colditz Story (1955) as 'Mac' McGill
- The Feminine Touch (1956) as Dr Ted Russell
- Tiger in the Smoke (1956) as Chief Inspector Luke
- Ill Met by Moonlight (1957) as General Bräuer (uncredited)
- The Naked Earth (1958) as Al
- Dunkirk (1958) as Sergeant on the beaches
- Wonderful Things! (1958) as Codger
- Operation Amsterdam (1959) as Alex
- The Lady Is a Square (1959) as Greenslade
- Tiger Bay (1959) as Inspector Bridges
- John Paul Jones (1959) as Ringleader
- Shake Hands with the Devil (1959) as Colonel Smithson
- A Terrible Beauty (1960) as Tim Malone
- Gorgo (1961) as McCartin
- The Guns of Navarone (1961) as German Gunnery Officer
- El Cid (1961) as Don Martín
- The Piper Pune (1962) as Captain
- Lancelot and Guinevere (1963) as Ulfus, aka Sword of Lancelot (USA)
- The Cracksman (1963) as Mr. King
- Becket (1964) as Baron (final film role)
- "Christopher Rhodes".
- "Christopher Rhodes - TV Guide". TVGuide.com.
- "Christopher Rhodes - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games". imfdb.org.
- "Person Page". thepeerage.com.
- "Christopher Rhodes". aveleyman.com.
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
John Phillips Rhodes
John Christopher Douglas Rhodes
|This article about an English film actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|