Christopher Harper (actor)
Christopher William Harper (born 19 August 1977) is an actor and director[failed verification] who played Nathan Curtis in ITV soap Coronation Street in a high profile teenage grooming and exploitation storyline.
|Known for||Nathan Curtis in Coronation Street|
Emily Bowker (m. 2013)
Television drama performancesEdit
Harper has appeared in British dramas including The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, Upstairs Downstairs, Life on Mars and most notably as playing Clifford Last, son of Victoria Wood's character Nella Last in the multiple BAFTA award winning ITV movie Housewife, 49.
As a stage actor he has played Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing for Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, a season of Sir Alan Aykbourn plays at The Royal & Derngate Theatre, Northampton (directed by Ayckbourn himself) and many other plays at the Crucible Theatre, Hampstead Theatre and The Old Vic, London.
Alongside appearing in the soap, the actor has helped raise awareness of child sex abuse through charity work and as patron for the charity Voicing CSA, which helps adult survivors of child sexual abuse to speak out.
- Brown, David (24 April 2017). "Coronation Street grooming drama: star Christopher Harper backs Barnardo's safety tips for teens". Radio Times.
- "BAFTA Awards Search - BAFTA Awards". awards.bafta.org.
- Debnath, Neela (11 April 2017). "Coronation Street star Chris Harper hails screen mum Victoria Wood: 'She was incredible'".
- "Housewife, 49 (TV Movie 2006)".
- "Much Ado About Nothing on tour & at the Globe / Shakespeare's Globe". www.shakespearesglobe.com.
- "Alan Ayckbourn's Official Website". manofthemoment.alanayckbourn.net.
- "Christopher Harper » Eamonn Bedford Agency". www.eamonnbedford.com.
- "Corrie's Chris Harper says abuse storyline 'isn't going to go away'". www.whatsontv.co.uk. 25 June 2017.
- "Christopher Harper – Voicing CSA". Voicing CSA.
- "Actors prepare for their biggest roles". The Times. 8 June 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2017.