Christopher Reid (entertainer)
Christopher Reid (born April 5, 1964), formerly known as Kid (shortened from his original MC name, Kid Coolout), is an American actor, comedian and former rapper. During the peak of his career with the rap duo Kid 'n Play (with Christopher Martin), Reid was notable for his exaggerated hi-top fade haircut.
|Birth name||Christopher Reid|
|Also known as||Kid|
|Born||April 5, 1964|
|Origin||The Bronx, New York, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Actor, comedian, rapper|
Life and careerEdit
Reid was born in The Bronx, New York, to a Jamaican father (born 1931) and an Irish mother (1930–1973). He graduated from the Bronx High School of Science in 1986. He also graduated in 1990 from Lehman College in the Bronx after attending Miles College.
He is best known as one-half of late-1980s/early-1990s hip hop musical act Kid 'n Play with fellow rapper/actor Christopher "Play" Martin. Reid was particularly notable for his extreme hi-top fade hairstyle. Reid has appeared on a number of television programs, including Martin and Sister, Sister, and has served as the host of amateur contest shows, such as Your Big Break and It's Showtime at the Apollo. Reid tours as a stand-up comedian.
Reid's most recent musical contribution has been writing the theme song to HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher. He also appeared on the VH1 reality magician game show Celebracadabra in 2008. Pursuing a solo career, he released a music video for a song called "Why Don't You Stay", to which he raps and sings on the track. He appeared in The Asylum's film War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave, a sequel to H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds.
In 2012, he broke into voice-over work in the military shooter video game Spec Ops: The Line, in which he plays Lt. Alphanso Adams, part of a three-man squad sent into a ruined Dubai to investigate a signal from an MIA military unit, The Damned 33rd.
- 1990: House Party
- 1991: House Party 2
- 1992: Class Act
- 1992: Martin
- 1994: House Party 3
- 1998: The Temptations
- 2001: Sealab 2021
- 2003: Pauly Shore Is Dead
- 2005: Barbershop: The Series
- 2008: War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave
- 2009: Hell's Kitchen
- 2010: Freaknik: The Musical
- 2011: Supah Ninjas
- 2012-2014: Black Dynamite: The Animated Series
- 2013: Mad
- 2013: House Party: Tonight's the Night
- Spec Ops: The Line – 1st Lieutenant Alphonso Adams
- Berkman, Meredith (November 22, 1991). "Kid 'N Play Party Down". Entertainment Weekly.
- "NewsLibrary Search Results".
- Lipshutz, Jason. "LMFAO Disturb The Peace in 'Sorry For Party Rocking' Video". Billboard.com. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- "Review: Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) – PlayStation Nation".