Christophe Jallet (born 31 October 1983) is a French professional footballer who plays as a right back for Ligue 1 club Amiens. Between 2012 and 2017, he was capped 16 times for the France national team.
Jallet playing for France in 2014
|Date of birth||31 October 1983|
|Place of birth||Cognac, France|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 August 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 November 2017
Born in Cognac, Charente, Jallet began his career at his hometown club UA Cognac where he operated behind the striker. Tracked by the main club in the region, Niort, since 13, he was discouraged by his parents to pursue the move and he remained in Cognac.
Jallet finally joined Niort at 15, but his coach told his parents that he was "not good enough." Jallet dramatically improved after this. Following his training, he started numerous games in National and Ligue 2 during his three seasons as a defensive midfielder there.
On 6 July 2009, Jallet joined Paris Saint-Germain for a transfer fee of 2.5 million euros, signing a four-year contract. He was recruited to provide competition for Ceará at right-back. Jallet made his first appearance in a competitive match with PSG against Le Mans in the second matchday of the 2009–10 Ligue 1 season. Playing as a right midfielder, he scored his first goal one week later against Valenciennes with an assist from Stéphane Sessègnon. During the next match, against Lille, he delivered an assist a few minutes after he was substituted onto the pitch and marked the very end of game again with a goal. During his first season, Jallet's impact as a substitute with goalscoring potential was highly valued, though gaining a starting berth proved hard with the form of Ceará. Jallet scored again at the 19th match against Grenoble, leading to a 4–0 victory for PSG. He ended the season with 11 assists.
On 22 April 2011, he renewed his two-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain.
On 2 October 2011, in the clash between PSG and Lyon, Jaillet scored the second goal in a 2–0 victory with an assist from Nenê. He gained the confidence of new coach Carlo Ancelotti in a new position as midfielder, with Ancelotti preferring Milan Biševac at right-back. Jallet gained the captaincy late in the season following the dropping of Mamadou Sakho.
|“||"Jallet is a player with great regularity. There is no tactical error, he is always focused, dynamic. I did not know Jallet but his performance has always been good. He is very professional. I think Jallet can be a good player for the national team."
Jallet was called up to the French national team by manager Didier Deschamps for a friendly against Uruguay on 9 August 2012. In his second appearance, on 11 September 2012, he scored a goal against Belarus from a difficult angle. As of late November 2017, he was selected 16 times for the French national team.
|1||11 September 2012||Stade de France, Saint-Denis, France||Belarus||2–0||3–1||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- Ligue 1: 2012–13, 2013–14
- Coupe de France: 2009–10
- Coupe de la Ligue: 2013–14
- Trophée des Champions: 2013
- Mestres, Antoine (31 July 2012). "Jallet, le dernier survivant". So Foot (in French). Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- Dussueil, Enguerrand (28 July 2006). "Tour de France du Mercato : FC Lorient". Foot Mercato (in French). Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Christophe is Jallet Parisien", psg.fr, 6 July 2009.
- "Paris Saint-Germain 3–1 Le Mans UC 72 ', lfp.fr , 15 August 2009.
- "Valenciennes FC 2–3 Paris Saint-Germain", lfp.fr, 22 August 2009.
- "Paris Saint-Germain 3–0 Lille OSC", lfp.fr, 30 August 2009.
- "Paris Saint-Germain 4–0", lfp.fr, 23 December 2009.
- "Balance 2009–2010: Defenders " Archived 7 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine, psgmag.net, 19 June 2010.
- "PSG - Monaco : les notes du match". Foot Mercato (in French). 1 May 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Paris Saint-Germain 2–0 Olympique Lyonnais', lfp.fr , 2 October 2011.
- "Ligue 1 – Ancelotti veut voir Jallet en Bleu statement" (in French). Goal.com. 5 May 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Transfer news: Christophe Jallet moves to Lyon on a three-year contract". Sky Sports. 24 July 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Nice sign defender Christophe Jallet on free transfer from Lyon". ESPN FC. 19 July 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "CHRISTOPHE JALLET REJOINT L'AMIENS SC POUR UN AN !" (in French). Amiens SC. 23 July 2019. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- Christophe Jallet at National-Football-Teams.com
- "Christophe Jallet". chamoisfc79.fr. Archived from the original on 30 May 2015. Retrieved 30 May 2015.