|Born||6 August 1980|
|Awards||ECHO Klassik 2010 and 2016|
Born in Feuchtwangen, Bavaria, Karg studied at the Mozarteum, voice with Heiner Hopfner and Lied with Wolfgang Holzmair. She studied the Italian repertory for half a year at the conservatory of Verona. She graduated at the Mozarteum in 2008 and was awarded the Lilli Lehmann Medal. She took master classes with Grace Bumbry, Mirella Freni, Robert Holl and Ann Murray, among others.
Karg made her debut at the Salzburg Festival in 2006, as Melia in Mozart's Apollo et Hyacinthus and as Weltgeist in his Die Schuldigkeit des ersten Gebots. A year later she appeared there as Madame Silberklang in his Der Schauspieldirektor and in a title role of his Bastien und Bastienne.
From the 2008/09 season, Karg was a member of the Frankfurt Opera where she appeared as Susanna in Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro, as Pamina in his Die Zauberflöte, as Musetta in Puccini's La bohème, Zdenka in Arabella by Richard Strauss, and the title role in Debussy's Pelléas et Mélisande. She appeared as Sophie in Der Rosenkavalier by Strauss in Frankfurt conducted by Sebastian Weigle, at the Semperoper conducted by Christian Thielemann, and at La Scala. She made her debut at the Royal Opera House in 2015 as Pamina in Mozart's Die Zauberflöte.
She performed the solo soprano part in Mahler's Second Symphony in a performance of the Rheingau Musik Festival 2017 at Eberbach Abbey, conducted by Christoph Eschenbach, with Gerhild Romberger, the SWR Vokalensemble, Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks and SWR Symphonieorchester.
- 2007: Neue Stimmen (6th prize)
- 2008: Special Prize for Oratorio/Lied at the International singing competition "Tenor Viñas" of the Liceu in Barcelona
- 2008: Award of the Hamel Foundation at the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival
- 2009: Opernwelt Young Artist of the Year 2009
- 2010: Winner of the ECHO Klassik 2010 in the category "Young Artist", "singing"
- 2016: Winner of the ECHO Klassik 2016 in the category "Solistische Einspielung" (solo recording)
- 2018: Brahms-Preis
- "Christiane Karg: Eine Bayerin im Internationalen Opernstudio / Am Beginn einer steilen Karriere" (in German). kunstklang-feuchtwangen.de. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "Christiane Karg". Royal Opera House. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Lemke-Matwey, Christine (4 October 2012). "Christiane Karg: Pragmatismus in Mattsilber". Die Zeit (in German). Archived from the original on 13 August 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Stäbler, Marckus (14 April 2007). "Christiane Karg: Eine Bayerin im Internationalen Opernstudio / Am Beginn einer steilen Karriere". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "SWR Symphonieorchester / Mit Mahler beim Rheingau Musik Festival" (in German). SWR Symphonieorchester. 15 July 2017. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "Ein musikalischer Frühlingsabend mit den Neuen Stimmen" (in German). Bertelsmann Foundation. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Tenor Viñas Contest / De 2001 a 2010". Liceu. 2010. Archived from the original on 2018-09-06. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Preisträger 2008" (in German). Hamel Foundation. 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Christiane Karg: Eine Bayerin im Internationalen Opernstudio / Am Beginn einer steilen Karriere". HNA (in German). 7 October 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Sopranistin Christiane Karg bekommt Brahms-Preis 2018" (Press release) (in German). Flensburg: shz.de. dpa. 3 November 2017. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 3 November 2017.