Christian Peter Coulson is an English actor known for playing young Tom Marvolo Riddle in the 2002 fantasy film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Christian Peter Coulson
|Education||Clare College, Cambridge (BA)|
Coulson was born in Manchester. He attended Arnold House Preparatory School in London, before attending Westminster School on an academic scholarship. He was a member of the UK's National Youth Music Theatre from 1990 to 1997, and went on to the University of Cambridge, where he received a degree in English from Clare College in 2000. While at university, he played the M.C. (Master of Ceremonies) in Cabaret, Arturo Ui in The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui and Claire in The Maids, as well as appearing in film and television.
Coulson gained worldwide attention and popularity for his role in 2002's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, in which he portrayed a 16-year-old Tom Riddle, even though Coulson was 23 years old at the time. However, in 2007, director David Yates indicated on MTV that Coulson would not reprise his role in Half-Blood Prince, since, at 29, he was by then too old.
He also wrote the lyrics and book for a rock musical called The Fallen which was performed at Bedford Modern School in 1998.
As of 2010, Coulson resides and works in New York City as an actor and director.
|2002||The Four Feathers||Drummer Boy||Uncredited|
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets||Tom Riddle||Nominated – Phoenix Film Critics Society Award for Best Cast|
|The Hours||Ralph Partridge||Helper at Hogarth Press, run by Leonard Woolf|
|2005||Take Me Back||Charlie|
|2007||Last Night||Nick|||
|2012||I Am Nasrine||Tommy|
|2014||Love Is Strange||Ian|
|2015||Peter and John||Peter Roland|
|2019||Bite Me||James Thayer|
|2001||Love in a Cold Climate||Matt Radlett||Miniseries|
|Weirdsister College||Ben Stemson||Main role; 13 episodes|
|2002||The Forsyte Saga||Jolly Forsyte||Miniseries|
|2003||Hornblower:Loyalty||Midshipman John 'Jack' Hammond||TV Movie|
|Charles II: The Power and The Passion||James, Duke of Monmouth||TV Movie|
|Little Britain||Joe||Episode: Hard-Boiled Egg Eating|
|2005||Agatha Christie's Marple||Edmund Swettenham||Episode: A Murder Is Announced|
|Brief Encounters||Adam||Episode: Lost & Found|
|2009||The Battery's Down: Losing My Mind||Raoul||Episode: Losing My Mind|
|2010||Jeffery & Cole Casserole||Episode: "The Becky"|
|Gossip Girl||Ivan||Episode: Touch of Eva|
|2011||Wiener & Wiener||Garry||3 episodes|
|The Good Wife||Andre Bergson||Episode: Death Row Tip|
|2017||Nashville||Damien George||5 episodes|
|2018||Mozart in the Jungle||Sebastian||8 episodes|
|2019||Until the Wedding||James||TV pilot|
|2020||High Fidelity||Benjamin||2 episodes|
|2020||Blue Bloods||Brooks Hammond||Episode: "Bones to Pick"|
|2007||Doctor Who: The Bride of Peladon||Pelleas|
|2008||Doctor Who: The Haunting of Thomas Brewster||Robert McIntosh|
|2011||The White Devil||Justin Evans|||
|2014||Moth and Spark||Anne Leonard|||
|Twenty Trillion Leagues Under the Sea||Adam Roberts|||
|2015||The Dead House||Dawn Kurtagich||AudioFile Earphones Award|||
|2016||No Man's Land||Simon Tolkien|||
|2017||The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue||Mackenzi Lee||AudioFile Earphones Award|||
|2019||Fireborne||Rosaria Munda||AudioFile Earphones Award|||
- Romeo and Juliet – Liverpool Playhouse, Liverpool (2002) Romeo
- Journey's End – Comedy Theatre, London (2004) Raleigh
- Festen – UK Tour (2006) Christian
- Ghosts – Gate Theatre, London (2007) Osvald
- Travesties – McCarter Theatre, New Jersey (2012) Tristan Tzara
- Shakespeare in Love – Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival, Desales University (2018) Lord Wessex
- King Richard II – Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival, Desales University (2018) King Richard
- The XIXth (The Nineteenth) - The Old Globe Theatre, San Diego (2023) Neville
- ^ "Special Centenary Edition". Arnold House School Magazine. Arnold House School. 2005. p. 88.
- ^ Suhas, Maitri (12 February 2016). "What Happened to Cute Voldemort?". Bustle. Retrieved 17 July 2022.
- ^ Vineyard, Jennifer (25 June 2007). "Harry Potter Casting Call Could Help Ron Weasley Find Perfect Shade of Lavender / Director David Yates also hopes to fill role of Tom Riddle at another open casting call". MTV. Archived from the original on 27 June 2007. Retrieved 11 May 2009.
- ^ Izbicki, John (26 November 1998). "Education: Rise of 'The Fallen'". The Independent. Archived from the original on 30 January 2015. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- ^ "Coulson Photography". Archived from the original on 25 December 2010.
- ^ "Audiobook Review: The White Devil (2011)". AudioFile. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- ^ "Audiobook Review: Moth and Spark (2014)". AudioFile. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- ^ "Audiobook Review: Twenty Trillion Leagues Under the Sea (2014)". AudioFile. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- ^ "Audiobook Review: The Dead House (2015)". AudioFile. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- ^ "Audiobook Review: No Man's Land (2016)". AudioFile. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- ^ "Audiobook Review: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (2017)". AudioFile. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- ^ "Audiobook Review: Into? (2018)". AudioFile. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- ^ "FIREBORNE by Rosaria Munda Read by Christian Coulson Candice Moll Steve West | Audiobook Review". AudioFile Magazine. Retrieved 26 May 2021.
- Christian Coulson at IMDb
- "Interview for Chamber of Secrets". BBC.
- "Potty about his Playhouse role". Liverpool Daily Post. 27 September 2002.
- "BBC Hotseat Interview". BBC. 29 November 2002. Retrieved 2 January 2010.