|Full name||Christian Thomas Kerran Burgess|
|Date of birth||October 7, 1991|
|Place of birth||Barking, England|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2013–2014||→ Hartlepool United (loan)||41||(0)|
|2014||→ Peterborough United (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:45, 22 April 2019 (UTC)|
Burgess began his career at Arsenal's academy and after he was released he went on to play with the youth and reserves teams at non-league Bishop's Stortford before deciding to study history at the University of Birmingham. Whilst in his second year university, Burgess earned a trial at Middlesbrough through a coach of the University's first team.
He joined Hartlepool United on loan in August 2013. The loan deal was extended until the end of the season in December. Burgess scored his first goal in professional football in a 5–0 win for Hartlepool in a Football League Trophy game against Bradford City in September 2013.
On 19 August 2014, Burgess signed on a month's loan for Peterborough United. He completed a single game on loan, a 2–1 home defeat by Sheffield United, before completing a permanent transfer on 21 August 2014. Burgess signed a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.
On 25 June 2015, Burgess signed for south coast club Portsmouth F.C. as part of the summer overhaul at the club by new manager Paul Cook.
He went on to make his debut on 11 July 2015, in a preseason friendly against local Conference South outfit Havant & Waterlooville.
Following a successful first campaign for Pompey, during which he established himself as the club's first-choice centre back, Burgess began the 2016/17 season as one of the team's central figures. In total, Burgess made 45 appearances and scored four goals over the course of the season, as Portsmouth won the League Two title. Burgess, along with teammate and fellow defender Enda Stevens, was named in the League Two team of the year; a reward for their part in Portsmouth's league-best defensive record.
- As of match played 22 April 2019
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Hartlepool United (loan)||2013–14||League Two||41||0||2||0||1||0||2||1||46||1|
|Peterborough United||2014–15||League One||30||3||2||2||0||0||1||0||33||5|
- "The Football League Limited: Club list of registered players as at 16th May 2015" (PDF). The Football League. 16 May 2015. p. 54. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- "Christian Burgess handed Middlesbrough professional deal". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Sheff Wed 2–0 Middlesbrough". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Hartlepool sign Middlesbrough's Christian Burgess on loan". BBC Sport. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Cooper thrilled as Boro agree to let Dolan, Burgess extend Hartlepool loans". Sunderland Echo. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Five-star Pools find their scoring feet". Northern Echo. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "BBC Sport - Middlesbrough's Christian Burgess joins Peterborough United". BBC Sport.
- "BBC Sport - Peterborough United 1-2 Sheffield United". BBC Sport.
- "Wyke Loaned/Burgess sold".
- "League Two (Sky Sports)". SkySports. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Christian Burgess: The Hartlepool United defender keen to learn". BBC Sport. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- Christian Burgess Twitter Profile
- "PFA teams of the year: Chelsea and Tottenham dominate Premier League XI". BBC Sport. 20 April 2017. Retrieved 7 May 2018.